User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 21.9K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: We know. :p

Why aren't you happy about going to the Tennant era? Did you like Eccleston?

I probably liked him too much. I've read before that most people consider their first Doctor their favorite. But I read an impression of Tennant I didn't like in this thread- namely that he remains continuously cheerful and goofy, and doesn't have the emotional switch the Eccleston Doctor had. And Eccleston's grin was really really charming. I know everyone loves Tennant to death, and his face is less obnoxious to me than the current Doctor's....but....I'm not sure I'll latch onto Tennant.

• Tennant gets pretty damn depressing by the end of his run. I've seen this as something of a trend with Doctors. See, he starts out fun and goofy, and you get to watch as he slowly deteriorates into something completely different by the end. Still funny, just very different. And, at times, a little scary.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Going to be honest... the Season 1 reboot isn't that good. Not Eccelson's fault- its the combined function of a low budget and not growing its beard quite yet. ldo farting aliens. Why.

• I feel like Eccleston could have only gotten better with a couple more seasons to him. I'm probably more disappointed he only did one if anything. The farting was pretty bad.

• Tennant does a fine job - Christopher Eccleston did a good job too. The entire RTD era (meaning Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant's time on the show) is essentially geared around an eventual ultimate emotional payout that's accomplished both at the conlclusion of The Stolen Earth and eventually when Russell T Davies leaves after The End of Time.

It seems common so many people who start from Series One get attached to Christopher Eccleston and have low expectations for Tennant, but are eventually won over. The ultimate emotional payout hopefully gets the full effect it should on you, though. :)

And he only left after one series because the Director for the first filming block treated him like a jerk so he quit. So blame him. :)

• Yes! It's the 50th Anniversary year, and a classic "Doctor Who" guest star is returning.... just not, unfortunately, to "Doctor Who".

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?442132-Death-s-Head-appears-in-Avenging-Spiderman-17-yes

Have to take what we can get, yes?

Add Comment