User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 200.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Going through some old disks tonight and I find a some files I last accessed over 15 years ago, and that's the most recent stuff. They're documents in the old Microsoft Works .wps format but luckily they weren't too hard to open, just had to clear out a load of junk characters (I guess they would have meant something to Works but not to Word).

So I find a story that I wrote for an English assignment back in 3rd or 4th year of secondary school, so around 1994/95 but I remember starting it a couple of years before that because I remember that I was struggling with the assignment and with time running out before it had to be handed in I remembered this story I had been working. After a lot of polishing up and actually finishing it it got me a good to decent mark (can't remember how well it did exactly, but it was good enough at least).

There's also a couple of small story fragments, bits of beginnings that never amounted to anything. The biggest fragments remaining are actually attempts to continue the Red Dwarf books Backwards & Last Human (the Backwards continuation is a little more developed but only just past a prologue, but the Last Human one feels better written).

Looking back at this stuff is a little cringe inducing, as it's pretty clear that I don't really have a talent for narrative writing. But that is based on writing I did from the ages of 13 to 18 so not fully conclusive, granted.

I might post some of it, though the only real postable stuff is from the short story I wrote for the English assignment but parts of it make my toes curl. Part 1 especially and the first chapter and a bit of part 2, but that stuff is from when I was around 12 or 13 whereas the rest of it is from when I was at least a year, maybe two years older. Like that makes any difference really.

I think I've forgotten what the point of this post was a long time ago, so best just to end it now.

• Here lies Whats His Name..may we never forget!

• It's past 3am. I should be going to bed. Why aren't I?

• KhXnPXz.png

I'm getting better at this.

• I just saw the weirdest music video ever made period.

For those of you who are curious, here's the link.

• Why is it that we can't discuss potential projects such as the (potentially) new site/forum layout?

Speaking for myself, I like not being kept in the dark about what Telltale is up to. I mean, sheesh... they're notorious for keeping extremely quiet about projects until they're almost done, such that it's hard to tell if things are being done at all (eg. King's Quest).

I really would like to talk about what's going on behind the scenes, and it bothers me that we aren't supposed to know about it.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Secret Fawful said: KhXnPXz.png

I'm getting better at this.

Not only better... good.

• I just like Telltale, and it's hard to get behind or involved community-wise in what the company is up to if no one tells us what the heck is going on.

• [quote="Chyron8472"]I just like Telltale, and it's hard to get behind or involved community-wise in what the company is up to if no one tells us what the heck is going on.[/quote]
    It's like that old ditty.

Are you lonesome tonight?
    Is your kitchen a sight?
    Is your wardrobe all rundown and bare?
    Is your lipstick all smeared?
    Are your stockings not sheer?

Do they make your legs...
    Show all your hair?
    Do the tears on your pillow...
    Roll down as you turn?
    Do they short out the blanket
    And make the sheets burn?

Is your heart filled with pain?
    Will you come back again?
    Shop at Telltale and love me tonight.

@Vain: Thanks. I hate everything I draw, so I can't tell when I draw well.

This discussion has been closed.