User Avatar Image

What is your favorite movie?

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

This is a place where you can tell everyone your favorite movies,your most favorite movie :).

My favorite movie is The Incredibles. I love this movie because Pixar perfectly made fun of superheroes in this movie while still having a serious story. The characters are great and Mr.Incredible's need to do hero work is good because it shows us how hard it is for a hero to just stop hero stuff and be normal. It is shown further when we see that his boss is a person who will not help anyone and only thinks of himself and his company. The comedy is great too like when it makes fun of how villains always make a big speech when they have their enemies right where they want them.

I still wonder why Pixar decided to make a Cars 2 instead of a Incredibles 2. The Incredibles goes up with the Toy Story Trilogy & Monsters Inc as my favorite Pixar movie and i think it is one of Pixar's greatest movies.

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, but Vanilla Sky is as much about the music to me as the film itself. Abre Los Ojos.

• I've been trying to find a new favorite movie for the past two to three years, and I'm starting to get angry that I can't find a movie that I consider better than the first two American Tail movies.

• I thought the first one was only okay. The one with the subway tunnels and the Indians was much better.

• @Noname215 said: I thought the first one was only okay. The one with the subway tunnels and the Indians was much better.

jel.gif

I can write paragraphs about why you're wrong on this one. The third one is all right. The portrayal of the Indians is awful.

The first film tackles something much more mature and well-written than eeeeevil rich people want to massacre Indians for treasure, early 1900s immigration to America. Yeah...not exactly TYPICAL children's subject matter. And it made it understandable to young children while keeping it relatable and without appealing to the lowest common denominator at any point in the entire movie. The fact most people have a hard time stomaching the movie because "wahhhh it's too saaaaaad and depressing (which it isn't)" is proof of that. The second is a great send-off to one of the greatest actors of all time: James Stewart. It appeals more to the LCD but it manages to remain mature in its humor and only gets that appeal through more Merrie Melodies style humor. It still remains true to a piece of history: people really did get cheated on land in the West.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I didn't even know there was a third An American Tail film (oh wow, there's four).

I really liked the first one. I'm a fan of (most of) Don Bluth's films.

The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, and Anastasia in particular are excellent.

• Ghostbusters 1&2

Nothing else comes even close to those movies.

• @Jennifer said: I didn't even know there was a third An American Tail film (oh wow, there's four).

The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, and Anastasia in particular are excellent.

No love for Troll in Central Park or Babylon AE?

Doesn't matter, Dragons Lair was his greatest creation.

• @Jennifer said: I didn't even know there was a third An American Tail film (oh wow, there's four).

I'm a fan on Bluth's films, but not of the idiocy that stood on his shoulders, such as the An American Tail sequels, the Secret of NIMH sequel that didn't acknowledge Mrs. Brisby's bravery, made Timmy out to be some kind of rodent messiah, and made Martin the villain, every single one of the Land Before Time sequels(the second was the only half-way decent one and even then, that's when it started turning into a musical), and all the other sequels to Don Bluth's work. He had nothing to do with any of them, and neither did Spielberg.

I love his classics. An American Tail, Secret of NIMH, The Land Before Time, All Dogs Go to Heaven. Anastasia was pretty good, too. Titan, A.E.? I liked it, but at the same time, I didn't. It didn't, to me, have the same charm of his earlier works, and I think that's because of the abundance of CG animation. Why does everyone seem to forget you can create spaceships and exciting space vistas with penstrokes and paint? Rock-a-Doodle was okay, I guess. Can't say much about Thumbelina, Troll in Central Park, or Pebble and the Penguin, never watched them because they never interested me. And while I enjoyed We're Back! when I first saw it as a kid, nowadays it seems very weak compared to The Land Before Time as far as dinosaur stories go.

But the thing about his earlier movies is that, while they can be seen as kids films, they have enough to bring in older audiences as well, while the SEQUELS to them are completely geared towards children. To this day I can watch The Land Before Time or The Secret of NIMH and enjoy them thoroughly.

Add Comment