User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.0K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Although it is a cool setup KoD, the problem here is the same one that made them choose Lee was not a relative of Clementine: predetermined relationships. The connection with Lee was so strong because he literally had no previous relations with anyone in the group except those you experienced yourself.

The same issue is if Molly would be protagonist for Season 2. She has a pre-determined personality of being a loner who is not good around other people. This is something that will have been decided for you.

I, myself, welcome our new blank slate character to indentify ourselves with!

• Disclaimer: This post has mature language which line up with the game spirit.

Lee is dead?

*Emorage mode on*
    Fuck! Fuck! FUCK!!
    Tell me it isn't true!
    Telltale, you are heartless bastards. Wasn't it enough for Clementine to lost her parents once? Why should she lost her new "father" once more? Moreover, the child should shoot him with her own hands. This is not acceptable.
    Shit! This shouldn't be. I hate you for this.

*Emorage mode off*
    upd. This post should be moved to this tread. Found it too late.

• @Devlonir said: Although it is a cool setup KoD, the problem here is the same one that made them choose Lee was not a relative of Clementine: predetermined relationships. The connection with Lee was so strong because he literally had no previous relations with anyone in the group except those you experienced yourself.

The same issue is if Molly would be protagonist for Season 2. She has a pre-determined personality of being a loner who is not good around other people. This is something that will have been decided for you.

I, myself, welcome our new blank slate character to indentify ourselves with!

Meh pre-determined characters are everywhere i fealt lees was just given to me

• Okay I played the whole game like 4 times and watched youtube, but I never saw Andre?! :confused:

Andre is accompanying Shawn Greene and accidentally mistakes Lee Everett for a walker, but after learning that Lee is with a young girl, puts down his firearm. He explains to them that they are searching for their friend, Chet, who was last seen being attacked by a Walker, but is now missing. As they are discussing on where he might possibly be, an undead Chet arrives, coming around the corner, forcing Andre to draw his sidearm and tell everyone else to get to his patrol car. As they leave for his car, he can't bring himself to shoot. He runs back to his car and drives away, leaving for Hershel's Farm. He drops Lee, Shawn, and Clementine off at the farm and gives his condolences to Shawn about what had happened to Chet before driving off.

This never happened in my game? Chet just lived and helped to push a car away so he could escape a couple of zombies with Shawn, Lee and Clementine?

• @Inconsu. said: Okay I played the whole game like 4 times and watched youtube, but I never saw Andre?! :confused:

Andre is accompanying Shawn Greene and accidentally mistakes Lee Everett for a walker, but after learning that Lee is with a young girl, puts down his firearm. He explains to them that they are searching for their friend, Chet, who was last seen being attacked by a Walker, but is now missing. As they are discussing on where he might possibly be, an undead Chet arrives, coming around the corner, forcing Andre to draw his sidearm and tell everyone else to get to his patrol car. As they leave for his car, he can't bring himself to shoot. He runs back to his car and drives away, leaving for Hershel's Farm. He drops Lee, Shawn, and Clementine off at the farm and gives his condolences to Shawn about what had happened to Chet before driving off.

This never happened in my game? Chet just lived and helped to push a car away so he could escape a couple of zombies with Shawn, Lee and Clementine?

When leaving Clem's house, choose to wait until night. You will see Andre and zombie Chet.

• @BlackBoxx said: When leaving Clem's house, choose to wait until night. You will see Andre and zombie Chet.

Yeah I just figured out. I thought I chose the night once but clearly not.

I kinda hope that season 2 wil start with new characters that you didn't see in season 1, and in episode 2 or something like that you get the scene where two of the new characters meet up with Clementine when she is alone in that field.
    But the choices you made in season 1 are important because TTG wants that you can use your saved game from season 1 when you're playing season 2.
    But I don't want Clementine be the main character in season 2.

Or you are going to play like old characters from season 1, like Glenn or Herschel. You don't really know what happened to them. Like: If you didn't try to save Shawn, that could affect the way Herschel is going to act towards Clementine.

• @Inconsu. said: Yeah I just figured out. I thought I chose the night once but clearly not.

I kinda hope that season 2 wil start with new characters that you didn't see in season 1, and in episode 2 or something like that you get the scene where two of the new characters meet up with Clementine when she is alone in that field.
    But the choices you made in season 1 are important because TTG wants that you can use your saved game from season 1 when you're playing season 2.

Or you are going to play like old characters from season 1, like Glenn or Herschel. You don't really know what happened to them. Like: If you didn't try to save Shawn, that could affect the way Herschel is going to act towards Clementine.

Glenn and Herschel should be in the prison at this point-o-time, so thats never gonna happen. They both have their stories told by our old buddy kirkman.

• I kinda hope that season 2 wil start with new characters that you didn't see in season 1, and in episode 2 or something like that you get the scene where two of the new characters meet up with Clementine when she is alone in that field.

• @Robbingrobin said: Glenn and Herschel should be in the prison at this point-o-time, so thats never gonna happen. They both have their stories told by our old buddy kirkman.

No were only in the first 5 issues or the first volume.

• Why do so many people want to play as a woman? Believe me, that's the wrong choice. Playing as a man would be much more suitable, since most players are males and playing as a male would let them identify with the character easier, the more in common the better. Either this or you let us choose the sex of our character, which would be better for all of us.

Add Comment