User Avatar Image

iOS episode 2-5 download SOLUTION [unofficial]

posted by Magicpness on - last edited by MattP - Viewed by 19.4K users

Hurray, episode 2 finally came out!

...except, I'm having major difficulties downloading episode 2. I'm not sure what the issue is but some advice would be nice:

First, im in china. Second, I normally don't have iTunes download problems, but with the walking dead, each failed download attempt restarts the progress back to 0, unfortunately not saving any previous downloaded packets. Third, the error message repeatedly says 'I need to be connected to the Internet to download ...'. I'm connected to the Internet, tried multiple locations, all to no end. Is it server side?

I've downloaded up to 10+% multiple times to the point where if the packets were saved, I should have episode 2 by now. The connection drops at random speeds, random percentages, although it seems to drop the most between 10-25%. I haven't past 52% as of yet.

I figured, since I've waited this long, I don't mind waiting a few more days for episode 2, but to have the option to download it and not work is more infuriating than a non disclosed release date. Suggestions would be nice (iPad reset doesn't work. Don't want to redownload app due to losing game saves)

EDIT : Solution posted on page 4

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had this same problem turned off my ipad and then tried to download and it worked.

• Now when you all get to the part in episode 2 when they are hiding behind a tractor PLEASE let me know how not to die every stinking time!

• Same issues on my iphone4s. Tried downloading episode 2 on wifi and 3G, actually got to 99% on the 3G download then failed. It said I lost Internet connection which is BS. What's the fix ???????

• What the hell is going on with this game? Not one person has managed to download episodes 2-5 properly and we have all paid for them. Absolutely shocking. I wish I had read these comments before buying, it would have put me right off!!! Have telltale made no effort to post a solution to these problems? If not I'm beginning to think they are a bunch of scammers after everyone's money. I have emailed them and am hopefully awaiting a reply. If no reply by tomorrow I will be contacting apple too.

Ps I am in same boat, 4th gen iPad, uk and not downloading! Telltale, get yer backsides in gear and sort this....

• I want my fucking money back I bought ep 2 cause I believed in you telltale games ( even with no iPhone 5 optimization in sight) but I'm dissapointed release a fix or something or I swear I will cross the line even for 5$

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Rebdy18 said: I want my fucking money back I bought ep 2 cause I believed in you telltale games ( even with no iPhone 5 optimization in sight) but I'm dissapointed release a fix or something or I swear I will cross the line even for 5$

Why the profanity?
    Apple issues refunds, and TTG is working on the fix.
    Since you seem to want a refund, just contact apple.

• I can't download episode 2 either and can't view the sticky on here due to not having privaliges? really need to get this sorted or i will be asking for a refund which is a shame as i was really enjoying this game

• Yes but isn't good way that people have to such this kind of situation. The game would be fantastic I liked first episode, the way of who created and manage the game and the situation in particular is very bad. Fix it or stop to sell episodes that aren't able at the download.

• @DjNDB said: Why the profanity?
    Apple issues refunds, and TTG is working on the fix.
    Since you seem to want a refund, just contact apple.

Are you kidding? You so called "moderators" show up once a month and ignore the ongoing problems. There has been an obvious issue with the iOS version of the bundle packs for multiple titles since at least January and yet your company keeps selling them without so much as a mention of the problem. Then you guys ignore everyone who purchases them and has been asking for help. And your wise solution is "Apple issues refunds"? How about the better solution of Tell Tale stops ripping off consumers and get some representatives who have some common sense?

• Mexico iPhone 5 , same problem just bought the multi pack episodes 2-5. can't download now.
    Someone please help?

Add Comment