User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 8.8K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ever since the kenny 'death' in episode 5 there has been tons of discussion and lots of threads about whether he died or escaped. I believe that Kenny is neither dead nor alive but in a state of limbo at the moment because thats the way telltale want it to be. I believe that initially telltale had planned that Kenny would always die in episode 5, this would explain why they had Gavin Hammon(Kenny's VO) record screams of pain which would make it obvious Kenny was being eaten alive. But then I believe when telltale realised they would be making a season 2 they weren't able to decide whether they still wanted to kill off Kenny or have him outright survive,i imagine the writers could have been divided on the issue so they decided to come to a comprimise, they would make the 'death' very ambigious so that they would have the option to bring him back in season 2 if they felt it was the right thing to do or they could never bring him back which would leave the player to assume that he did indeed die in EP 5, I think this theory explains why they decided to remove the kenny screams of pain and Gavin Hammon said keep your hopes up for Kenny is season 2. Your thoughts on this?

• I actually agree with you. I always thought it was deliberately ambiguous because at no point does it actually imply he's dead, that's the player that comes to that conclusion. I felt that the situation where he saved Christa made it more clear than Ben's situation. Looking at it, it could have been as you said a development decision to try and craft him into the second season.

• Some stories are purposely left open to allow for the future like the ending of Sam and Max left open a happy ending with possibilities for a sequel Kenny's death leaves the possibility of him surviving

I think Kenny will only survive with the Christa ending because I feel that it is fitting that Ben gets Kenny killed in the end...

• I think there is still a slight chance that he made it out and survived.
    Still in denial mode, but ya know xD

• @CactusPresident said: If lee survived being cornered in an alley in episode 3, i don't see how our friend/mortal enemy with the awesome stache couldn't have survived. My idea is he shot Ben than out of panic he climbed down a manhole, or went inside a building.

It's episode 4, after meeting Molly.

I also thought about that and I think that it's preety plausible that he survived this way.

(Sorry for my English, if i misspeld sth)

• @CactusPresident said: If lee survived being cornered in an alley in episode 3, i don't see how our friend/mortal enemy with the awesome stache couldn't have survived. My idea is he shot Ben than out of panic he climbed down a manhole, or went inside a building.

This can be further supported by seeing Kenny continue to run to the left after shooting Ben.

As for the Christa version, who would build a room without adding a doorway or window in it?

• @Sanchiz said: You guys need listen more carefully. In my playthrough I can clearly hear him getting eaten alive...He saved Ben the trouble....

WRONG!
    IN the Ben ending, you hear chewing. Who are the walkers eating? BEN! They eat dead people, as proven by Chuck's death, and in the christa ending you don't hear chewing because they didn't eat him!

• The walking dead wiki seems to be right about every other character's status in the walking dead universe. I don't know, it just seems a little far fetched that they are only wrong about Kenny's status. Even the games ending results section said he was lost to the herd. If it said he was lost in the herd(or crowd) that would mean his whereabouts were undetermined. When something is lost to something it means they were killed. If someone is lost to the sea it means they drowned. Either Telltale are illiterate and Kenny is brought back for season 2 or they worded Kenny's status correctly and he is dead. I am incline to believe the latter. I think Telltale expected the us to understand what it means when they say someone was lost to the herd.

• @Keupajer said: Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

The walking dead wiki seems to be right about every other character's status in the walking dead universe. I don't know, it just seems a little far fetched that they are only wrong about Kenny's status. Even the games ending results section said he was lost to the herd. If it said he was lost in the herd(or crowd) that would mean his whereabouts were undetermined. When something is lost to something it means they were killed. If someone is lost to the sea it means they drowned. Either Telltale are illiterate and Kenny is brought back for season 2 or they worded Kenny's status correctly and he is dead. I am incline to believe the latter. I think Telltale expected us to understand what it means when they say someone was lost to the herd.

• @Keupajer said: Well I think, that TTG is keeping the option open. So it could go both ways... That is my best guess.
    But then again, why keep the door open for Kenny, if they are not going to use him...? I'm looking forward to learn, what is happening next:)

I don't think they did keep the door open for him. They just chose not to show his body. They expect us to do the math and read between the lines given our understanding of the world the characters are living in. Chuck died of screen and Kenny died in a way where we could hear him suffering but where unable to help him.

According to the walking dead wiki Kenny was eaten alive. The walking dead wiki seems to be right about every other character's status in the walking dead universe. I don't know, it just seems a little far fetched that they are only wrong about Kenny's status. Even the games ending results section said he was lost to the herd. If it said he was lost in the herd(or crowd) that would mean his whereabouts were undetermined. When something is lost to something it means they were killed. If someone is lost to the sea it means they drowned. Either Telltale are illiterate and Kenny is brought back for season 2 or they worded Kenny's status correctly and he is dead. I am incline to believe the latter. I think Telltale expected us to understand what it means when they say someone was lost to the herd.

Add Comment