User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 22K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Robbingrobin said: Glenn and Herschel should be in the prison at this point-o-time, so thats never gonna happen. They both have their stories told by our old buddy kirkman.

No were only in the first 5 issues or the first volume.

• Why do so many people want to play as a woman? Believe me, that's the wrong choice. Playing as a man would be much more suitable, since most players are males and playing as a male would let them identify with the character easier, the more in common the better. Either this or you let us choose the sex of our character, which would be better for all of us.

• @Vladisimo said: Why do so many people want to play as a woman? Believe me, that's the wrong choice. Playing as a man would be much more suitable, since most players are males and playing as a male would let them identify with the character easier, the more in common the better.

Totally agree with you

• I think we will probably get a male anyway, because the video game industry is pretty stuck at that point. There are two kinds of characters. Though male ones, or tough female ones with large butts. You either have to play a hot badass chick or just a badass, yes, they are some differents, but that sums it up perfectly.

Lets see the game from the roleplaying factor, the factor, where we are Lee and not some 27 years old, glass wearing gamer. We make deceisions for Lee and I think, we would be able to do the same for a woman. Acutally it would give us the chance to see this whole thing from another viewpoint. I hope we get a woman, but I doubt it highly.

• @zev_zev said: Totally agree with you

I agree too.
    Haven't read the thread,but honestly I would be happy playing as a another character (dosen't have to be as good as Lee) but ofc,with Clem as the most important character,or at least the second most important.Our choices from the 1st Season could,for example,change how she acts. :)

• @Araron said: I agree too.
    Haven't read the thread,but honestly I would be happy playing as a another character (dosen't have to be as good as Lee) but ofc,with Clem as the most important character,or at least the second most important.Our choices from the 1st Season could,for example,change how she acts. :)

Exactly!!! The Walking Dead is the only game, in which the main character is not the one for whom we play! That's why is game are unical.

• So I know this has been probably talked about to death but they said this is the place for suggestions so here I go.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who LOVED playing this game. It's so unique and you will undoubtedly get wrapped up in the story without even trying. I liked the game so much that I wanted to play it again however, as everyone else has realized the choices are superficial and don't effect the overall outcome. Even though I would've been happier with the choices having a bigger immediate impact I'm not unhappy about it ending the same as long as the following seasons deliver. Here is my main suggestion for TTG if they happen to read this.

Multiple endings. Although I know this may be a time consuming process with the sheer multitude of choices that are made in the game; it's not impossible for it to be done with some of the choices being superficial and others that completely reshape the game play. It will make the replay value much higher and make one players zombie apocolypse completely different than other plays herald of doom.

If you had maybe the choice of different groups you can follow in the game it immediately increases the replay value of the game. Maybe Group A decides to live out in the country (like Omid and Christa) and Group B would rather stay in the cities. Even if the choices are superficial throughout the rest of the game you'll be with two different groups with two different paths and dangers they wuold come across. You could even throw in a Group C which would be....no group at all. In the last episode where you have the option of telling Clementine to avoid small groups maybe she would want to take the Michon route and travel solo or with one companion they may trust. (Andrea) Now that of course depends on whether you play as Clementine. But I say that even if you don't play as her the choice to avoid groups could just be the mindset of whoever the character you play as in season 2.

In a great story I'm sure certain things have to happen like Clementine parents leaving her or Lee being arrested. However, a great example of being able to expand the game is with Herschel's farm. Let's say you saved Shawn and he didn't die Herschel said you could stay but Kenny and his family couldn't. Even if Shawn dies later on it still leaves a new path for Lee and Clementine.

That is my only suggestion for a game that I was and still am blown away with. Other than skyrim and FF7 when it first came out were there really games that I thought about as I went through my day, anxious for another chance to play it. I don't know the first thing about making games so I trust TTG implicitly to release another classic when season 2 comes out. I've never taken the time to write a complaint, or take a survey, or anything of that sort before. I felt strongly about this just to try and enhance the already great experience that was The Walking Dead the video game. Cant' wait for Season 2!

• I hope Telltale will follow up on what happened to Vernon and his group after they ditched Lee & Co.

I really, really hope they allow us the option to let a zombie eat Vernon. (Or even better, a zombified Lee. How's that for poetic justice?)

• http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44067

Discusses how making players rationalize their weaponry and such can affect the plot.

• @Vladisimo said: Why do so many people want to play as a woman? Believe me, that's the wrong choice. Playing as a man would be much more suitable, since most players are males and playing as a male would let them identify with the character easier, the more in common the better. Either this or you let us choose the sex of our character, which would be better for all of us.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
    There may have been more males playing than females, but you didn't hear or see women going around saying "omg lee has that icky penis between his legs! i can't even relate to this! he has man problems, not women problems!1!"
    In the apocalypse, gender disappears, except by those that would use it to their advantage anyway. (The man who beats his wife becomes the tyrant leader of a predominantly male group and the woman who would sleep her way to the top would use sex to gain whatever she wanted and/or needed.)
    I think that so many people, myself included, want to play as a woman because we trust TTG to deliver a unique, relateable, and fun character, but don't want to play Lee again. I'd like to play someone quite different from Lee, and most of the characters we've seen thus far.

Add Comment