1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't get it. What's wrong with Steam as the platform?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

SOME people don't like the DRM aspect of it.

I can understand their point-of-view, but really, Steam's probably the best least awful DRM system out there, and it's one of the most widespread. It makes sense to release games for Steam.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from buying it on Steam and then just pirating it. Best of both worlds. :p

I'm kidding, in case you can't tell. I am in no way condoning piracy.

• Just an extremely early reminder, but if you ever wanted to grab the original Fallout games on GOG, might wanna get on that. Interplay loses the publishing rights at the end of the year, so the games may end up getting pulled. I THINK GOG would be interested in striking a deal that keeps the games that put them on the map on their service, but I would pick them up just in case.

• GOG has a new Gem Promo schedule now. Monday will see a Gem Promo on a classic game, while Wednesday will be reserved for a Gem Promo on a NEW game. That being said, the first Gem Promo on this schedule will be Street Fighter Alpha 2 at 60% off.

Oh, and there may or may not be a conference tomorrow. I mean, it sure SOUNDS like there's going to be one, because of that hidden text in the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer, but GOG has said absolutely nothing about it yet.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I hardly see how SFA2 is a classic game.

• The sprite work alone is good enough to mean it shouldn't be forgotten.

• 'ey! Street Fighter Alpha 2 is a great game!
    (Just not the PC version. Emulate it instead. (My system of choice: Arcade Machine! ;D))

Now Street fighter Alpha 3? Thats the best one by far! :D
    (The console versions have annoying loading screens. But also have a cool World Tour mode.)
    The arcade version is crazy hard on default settings though. (also less characters!)
    Even me! A pretty experienced fighter can't get past like Stage 3 or 4!

Um... what were we talking about again? XD

• Today's double game update brings us something old-ish and something new... ish. You can get Etherlords 2 for $5.99, or Avadon: The Black Fortress for the launch price of $7.99.

And since we got two games today, I assume there won't be a GOG conference today. That sucks, because they were probably going to announce a new major publisher at it.

Edit: So, that announcement we assumed was a conference? Yeah, it's for The Witcher 3. Well, to celebrate, you can get The Witcher and The Witcher 2 for half off each!

• It's funny how you can get Witcher 2 cheaper on Steam right now. Usually it's the other way around when it comes to games that are both on GoG and on Steam (at least in my personal experience based on the games I bought).

• @Farlander said: It's funny how you can get Witcher 2 cheaper on Steam right now. Usually it's the other way around when it comes to games that are both on GoG and on Steam (at least in my personal experience based on the games I bought).

And you also get a GoG copy of these games with the Steam-purchase. There is no reason to get it on GoG. At all.

Add Comment