User Avatar Image

Killing off **** was a bad idea

posted by Jeenyus on - last edited - Viewed by 955 users

Don't get me wrong, it makes for a great story and all that, but game wise it doesn't make sense. Most games you get a character and thats your role. Now its pretty much like just make me play a bunch of characters because it really doesn't matter anymore. It just sets up season two for failure, assuming they continue with the story from season 1. Which I'm pretty sure is what's gonna happen (not saying it won't be good, just not as good).

Personally for me, I see it as was Lee was me (my character in this story) now that he's dead essentially my role in this story is over. No matter how I see season 2 going, I don't think I'll have the same attachment to the game. Unless they just make a completely new story with all new characters. Which would still suck, for me at least (I'd like to know what happens to Clem at the end)

Wether I'm a new character, who ends up being Clementines new guardian, I'd want to play it like I was lee (whom I'm not). If I take the role of Clementine then it would just feel weird. Regardless of the role, sans, lee just ruins it. Personally, I feel it would have been a smarter Idea to kill Clementine. Glad they didn't. But it makes more sense game wise.

Your thoughts.. ?

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah but season 2 is a new story. It would be lame if you were Lee all over again in the 2nd season.

• @Desmodus87 said:
    There are a lot of game series that don't offer your old character in the new game. The Fallout series, I don't believe you're ever the same person from one game to the next? (Admittedly, I have much less experience with the first two than the last two.)

Correct. You play a different protagonist in each game. In Fallout 2, you are a descendant of the main character from the first game.

• @Inconsu. said: Yeah but season 2 is a new story. It would be lame if you were Lee all over again in the 2nd season.

It isn't a whole new story, it will have some of the same characters I think

• Maybe lee isnt dead.If they are using data from S1 for S2 then what if you chop lees arm off and hand cuff zombie instead of lee.he just weak from having arm chopped/loss o blood.
    He lives aka Murle.He made it with 1 arm why cant lee.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I edited the title so it doesn't spoil the game for people who still haven't played. Remember not to post spoilers in titles, since they show in the main forum and under new posts.

@GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Maybe lee isnt dead.If they are using data from S1 for S2 then what if you chop lees arm off and hand cuff zombie instead of lee.he just weak from having arm chopped/loss o blood.
    He lives aka Murle.He made it with 1 arm why cant lee.

Lee wouldn't survive in either situation. He had his arm cut off too late. The people who lived in The Walking Dead television show and comics had their infected areas cut off immediately. At least half an hour passed before Lee had his cut off. The zombie bacteria already got into his bloodstream by that point.

• I really want him to survive, in my opinion, it was really bad idea to kill him. Best character ever and he get bitten that way... Oh god.

• @Rambo297 said: I really want him to survive, in my opinion, it was really bad idea to kill him.

Leaving Lee alive or saving him would not have made the game(season 1) as memorable and heartbreaking as it was in my opinion . But I guess many other people may see this in a different way.

• @gimmeseason2 said: Leaving Lee alive or saving him would not have made the game(season 1) as memorable and heartbreaking as it was in my opinion . But I guess many other people may see this in a different way.

As I said it makes for a great ending, but I feel the same affect could have been achieved with killing Clementine(not that I'd prefer that). It would have been better if they just went with a whole new cast for season two. Which isn't going to be the case, seeing as they're carrying over saves from the previous season. With a character as malleable as Lee, assuming they want the same kind of feel for the game and you're a knew character, people will just end up creating a cheap version of him. I'm sure everyone will come to love the knew character they come up with after a little bit but I feel as though season two would have been better with Lee in it(see what happens I guess).

And addressing the whole fallout thing, yes there are games which you don't keep the same character, but there are plenty in which you do. In fallout I don't think there are any of the same characters from its predecessors(not 100% on that). On top of that for the most part you're a lone wolf. And the other characters you do meet don't have much development. Never really get attached to them. Including your own. Not a very good example in my opinion.

In a game so heavily character based & story driven, it just makes more sense to me to keep the players character intact if you're going to continue on with the same story.

• @Jeenyus said: In a game so heavily character based & story driven, it just makes more sense to me to keep the players character intact if you're going to continue on with the same story.

It won't be the same story, it'll be someone else's story. And that's a good thing.

• @gimmeseason2 said: Leaving Lee alive or saving him would not have made the game(season 1) as memorable and heartbreaking as it was in my opinion . But I guess many other people may see this in a different way.

That's true, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was the best decision for the series going forward. TTG may have sacrificed some of the long term quality of the story in favor of a shocking death in S1. They could have killed Lee in any season and it would have been just as shocking, memorable, and heartbreaking.

Obviously, we won't know if this was a good decision or not until season 2 and we see what new characters/story TTG is able to create. I'm confident in their ability to bring us another excellent story, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried that they won't be able to recreate the success from S1.

Add Comment