User Avatar Image

Looky what I made!

posted by ladognome on - last edited - Viewed by 537 users

I have decided to make a Sam and Max Halloween costume, and I have been working on it all summer. In fact, I've finished.
I will be Sam (I have made a mask and have bought a suit from a thrift store), and I made Max (who I will carry around).

Here's Max:
mymaxax0.jpg

I hope you don't mind me telling you. I just thought I'd share since everyone on this forum would probably be interested. ;)

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That's a nice looking Max! Awesome job!

• thanks! and maybe i'll post Sam...that is once I get a pin for my tie and decide to get all dressed up. haha

• I tried making my own masked wrestler costume last halloween just so I could say "Nachooooooo!!!!! (...cheese flavored Doritos are delicious!)" really loudly. It turned out to be pretty bad. My history teacher thought I was Strongbad from Home Star Runner though lol. At least the Halloween before last I was a counter-terrorist and everyone loved my costume. Its a good thing I have a whole bunch of airsoft gear :o This is why I'm just going to be the Joker for halloween (Heath Ledger version, of course) because i'm better with paint than with stitching. And its cheap. Go play in traffic now

• That is awesome! I really have the urge to try my hand at a plush Max now, after your's and Sybil's.

• I'm still dying to see what Sam looks like! Judging by what you've done with Max, it must really good and/or time consuming to make :p

• thanks a lot everyone!

yeah the mask did turn out really well.
    I'll post it this weekend (since i think i'm going to buy the pin then...and the jacket will be back from the cleaners probably)
    i'm glad that you want to see it. i had so much fun making it, and people made fun of me the whole time. lol

• yeah i had some pretty unrecognizable costumes before. that's why i put a lot of effort into it this year.

my most unrecognizable one would probably have to be the rocker.
    I've also been a clown (with a friend of mine and another friend didn't want to join so she was the gangster that hated clowns...) and a gypsy/fortune teller
    and the more recognizable pirate and dalmation
    yes. i enjoy making my own costumes.

• @ladognome said: yeah i had some pretty unrecognizable costumes before. that's why i put a lot of effort into it this year.

my most unrecognizable one would probably have to be the rocker.
    I've also been a clown (with a friend of mine and another friend didn't want to join so she was the gangster that hated clowns...) and a gypsy/fortune teller
    and the more recognizable pirate and dalmation
    yes. i enjoy making my own costumes.

C'mon, post your Sam Costume! Which reminds me, I must get to work on my Shambling Corporate Presence costume... and Halloween hasn't even gotten close, yet!

• You should enter that into this year's Telltale Halloween competition (if they have one)!

• i will as soon as i can. ;)

yeah you should get working! it's fun when people get worried when it gets closer and you already have yours made. this will be a first for me.

do they normally have a Halloween contest? if they do, I'd love to submit! :D

Add Comment