User Avatar Image

Would it have been even better if Lee told Clementine that he loved her?

posted by RainbowSprinklz on - last edited - Viewed by 966 users

I found that last scene with Clem and Lee to be almost perfect...but I was waiting to hear Lee tell Clementine that he loved her.I know he can say "I'll miss you", but I just felt that him telling her that he loved her would solidify the father-daughter relationship between them and everything that has happened on their journey. Thoughts?:D

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • this game. yes I wanted to see it too. I feel like when lee said "and also..." he was going to give the end of game speech almost all touching ending, losss of loved ones have, the "I love you, and over this time ive seen you grow so much and im so proud of you. you are capable of doing this on your own, I have faith in you. your strong, smart, and ill always be with you. good luck, Ill miss you." something like that, but it would have broken her, as someone previously stated, so he kept it to ill miss you.

• @Pride said: They're not related and had only known each other for 3 months, end of story!
    If you're comfortable telling little girls you've only known for less than half a year that you love them, all the more power for you!

What the hell dude? Clementine is a fucking videogame character and I am not ashamed to say that I felt like her father, now imagine what LEE would feel... I wouldn't have any problems telling her that I loved her in that situation, because it would be true. Does that make me a pedophile? Well, if it does, that is some real news to me.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

You're right, of course.

Still, replying to members who haven't been active for one and a half months probably won't yield a response. ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: You're right, of course.

Still, replying to members who haven't been active for one and a half months probably won't yield a response. ;)

I didn't realize that someone necro'd the thread.

That explains why it has so many posts so quickly :o

• @Pride said: They're not related and had only known each other for 3 months, end of story!
    If you're comfortable telling little girls you've only known for less than half a year that you love them, all the more power for you!

By far one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. In the realm of where this story takes place and the circumstances surrounding, your reasoning makes you sound like an idiot. It's not like they see each other here and there during the course of 3 months, they were together everyday. They've shared more trauma and experiences in 3 months, then most people do in their life time.

Love isn't confined to a form of sexual attraction or blood relation.

• @Jeenyus said: By far one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. In the realm of where this story takes place and the circumstances surrounding, your reasoning makes you sound like an idiot. It's not like they see each other here and there during the course of 3 months, they were together everyday. They've shared more trauma and experiences in 3 months, then most people do in their life time.

Love isn't confined to a form of sexual attraction or blood relation.

^ This is my view on it.

And I was hoping that option was there. Sadly it was not, but I'm pretty sure they both knew it.

• Given that Lee was dying and about to leave Clementine alone in a dangerous situation, no, I don't think it would be wise to tell her he loves her, as true as it may be. Clem needs to be able to get herself to safety. That will take a hefty amount of concentration in the middle of a zombie horde.

Saying "I love you" would put the thought in her mind that she's losing yet another person who cares for her. Yes, she may already know, but it can be neatly tucked away in the back of her mind if no one brings it up. That increases her chance to get herself out safely and far outweighs the benefits of Lee getting some closure in my mind.

In a different situation? Lee is dying in a safe zone? Clementine has other trusted survivors around for support and protection? Sure. Let her know.

• @Pride said: I think it would have been awkward and sliiiiightly creepy, really...She's not his daughter.
    If I was in his position I'd never say something like that.
    But that's just me.

I disagree.

• Going to post this picture here because I thought it would fit the discussion :)

12130201.png

• @Advanced said: Going to post this picture here because i thought it would fit the discussion :)

12130201.png

Awwwww....

Add Comment