User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 42.5K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Hmm. You're probably right with Barrowman. No-one else they can really go with, is there?

Also slightly curious about Tennant's Doctor. Freema maybe? Possibly Catherine?

Well, if they didn't get Tennant...

They usually record these six months or so in advance, and both Freema and Catherine Tate have roles in shwos over here until filming wraps up in abouts May. Barrowman, in contrast, only has a recurring role in Arrow (as does Alex Kingston, it may be worth mentioning). Freema's said she's not doing any acting things for the 50th too. I'd say most likely scenario is Tennant doing it for his release, with second most likely being Noel Clarke (given he actually was a companion in that time).

• So you're thinking Barrowman for 9 and Tennant himself for 10? Sounds good!

• @Darth Marsden said: So you're thinking Barrowman for 9 and Tennant himself for 10? Sounds good!

Yup. I wouldn't be shocked at all if that's what happened. Tennant's name being on one will likely sell well enough to justify the entire rest of the series, to be frank. I'd not be shocked if it sells okay, but sales spike towards the end as things get more and more clearly new-Who (though the Troughton one's about Evil shadows and they don't even mention the Vashta Nerada once, for shame!). Which is good, as hopefully they'll be able to greenlight some sort of ongoing collaboration between AudioGo and Big Finish to do more NuWho stories in the coming years.

I do hope they're taking the oppurtunity to do one Classic Who story with the Weeping Angels, mainly as I think they'd be brilliant on Audio. I do wish it was the Troughton one which it clearly isn't and all, as it'd be so keeping in his era to have men made of stone holding a base under siege.

• They've now announced the Second of the eBook authors - it's none other than beloved former manager of Dunder Mifflin Michael Scott! You can read a preview of the story here. It's a charming little tale for the kids where Jamie accidentally unleashes the powers of the Necronomicon.

• Images from Fanpop don't work properly here, Coolsome. I've edited your post to include a direct link to it.

• They've announced the approximate DVD release schedule for this year, and most exciting is that Scream of the Shalka, the first Ninth Doctor story, will be released as part of the classic line in September!

Well, I find it exciting.

• Cool. Wonder what special features there'll be.

• @Ribs said: Scream of the Shalka, the first Ninth Doctor story

Do you mean the first "Ninth Doctor" story, or the "first Ninth Doctor " story? (Because if the latter, they did do a short story or two as well).

Disappointing that "The Ice Warriors" isn't getting a new reconstruction.

Add Comment