User Avatar Image

Foul Language Filter

posted by Anguish on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

I've recently been playing the walking dead on the 360 and i really enjoy it but i was just curious if there is or will ever been a Foul Language Filter.I know a lot of people play this game including children ages around 14 and up,not mine obviously because i don't have any.I know it's a mature rated game but there should be an option for it in case your playing this around family or friends with underage kids.I'm not here to nag I'm just here to suggest an add on or update for the title.What's your thoughts?

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @JordyLicht said: Oh, I don't know, maybe because it's a game where horrific things occur, which are definitely rated R, but instead of requesting a violence and gore filter, he's more shocked by the language?

That doesn't seem askew to you at all?

Guy with unpopular viewpoint asks simple question in forum. Angry mob forms and lynches him for daring to step outside the mainstream majority opinion.

You're completely ok with this?

• @Cyreen said: Didn't, but obviously you did. Hypocrisy is fun, do it again!

You're right Cyreen, I guess I do take it a little personally when I see everyone gang up on someone for an infraction so small as this. Live and let live, my friends.

Non-judgmental response:
    Sorry, that feature is not available.

Judgmental:
    Why would you possibly want that? Only in America :rolleyes:

Peace.

• @nojuan said: Guy with unpopular viewpoint asks simple question in forum. Angry mob forms and lynches him for daring to step outside the mainstream majority opinion.

You're completely ok with this?

I don't see it as lyching. More like making fun of him.
    Is making fun of people bad? Probably, but it sure is funny. There's a whole reality-television industry built on this concept.

And on a personal note, yes, I'm ok with this. In my humble opinion, I believe it's pretty sad to be shocked by words. I don't believe in 'bad words', there's no such thing; only bad contexts. People using words to hurt people are bad people. Saying shit or fuck because you're expressing an emotion is not hurting anyone.

• @JordyLicht said: I don't see it as lyching. More like making fun of him.
    Is making fun of people bad? Probably, but it sure is funny.

I guess this is where I disagree, but I see where you're coming from. Think it would be a better world if we could learn to tolerate and accept that people have different views.

Anyway, I've said my piece. G'night all.

• *smashes Nojuan's windshield*

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps! This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps!

• You see what happens, Larry?! You see what happens?!

• @Anguish said: I've recently been playing the walking dead on the 360 and i really enjoy it but i was just curious if there is or will ever been a Foul Language Filter.I know a lot of people play this game including children ages around 14 and up,not mine obviously because i don't have any.I know it's a mature rated game but there should be an option for it in case your playing this around family or friends with underage kids.I'm not here to nag I'm just here to suggest an add on or update for the title.What's your thoughts?

Listen. I'm 14 and play this game. I can say that it doesn't matter what age you are, it's called 'mature' for a reason. If you are playing an M Rated game, expect M Rated content. Plus, who plays this game around family or friends? They'll just argue about your choices. :p But in all honesty, language filters are useless, just like censorship on a rap album. Practically everything is bleeped out and on top of that, it sounds like the guy is on a phone call inside of a cave.

• This games theme overall really isn't suited for kids who can't hear a person swear, jeese. A lot of work and doesn't make sense at all.

• The TV shows use very little in the way of foul language. It's certainly something that's not necessary. An option to turn it off would be nice. I don't mind blood and gore myself, but it would be nice of them to have an option to turn that off as well. I'm sure there are people who get sick at the sight of blood, but would otherwise not mind the rest.

I don't get why there are so many people against this option in games in general. It's not about censorship. It's about having the right to enjoy a game without having to hear something that's offensive to you.

This really should be an option in all games and movies. Brutal Legend was a good example that movies and games should have followed. It's a pity I still hear a lot of profanity that sounds forced. Most of Kenny's dialogue was reduced to garbage because of it.

• In the wise words of Eddie, "WHAT?! Fuck no!"

Ok, I don't feel that strongly about it, but Eddie's just cool.

In all seriousness, I don't think it really has any reason to be there. Fuck and shit and all that are just words. Who cares? They're gonna hear them eventually.

Add Comment