User Avatar Image

Why didnt Larry reveal Lee's past to the group?

posted by Crixus on - last edited - Viewed by 404 users

Was he wanting to blackmail Lee in the future or something?

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rommel49 said: Of course, there's also the fact that Larry can actually be the guy who ends up saving Lee from the pickup walker, depending upon the circumstances.

I think he probably kept quiet about it for the same reason Carley did in Ep. 1; the group didn't need additional problems and drama. Larry was just more direct/aggressive about how he phrased it than Carley was... even though they basically said the same thing on the matter.

Larry punches you no matter what. Kenny will pick you up regardless of how much of a dick you were to him (he will either call you a good friend, or an asshole).

• When I finished Episode 1 for the first time, I was worried that Larry would try to use Lee's past against him with the whole group, just like how Lilly does after you decide to abandon her or not. He also threatened to do it in the meat locker.

@Jaded X Gamer said: Probably because Larry didn't know how the group would respond to that news. There's no guarantee the others would turn on Lee and considering how "popular" Larry was with everyone else it's quite possible it may have backfired and turned people against him. That's probably why he tried to kill Lee when he did, he saw an opportunity to get rid of him while most of the group was distracted.

The fact that Larry tried to kill Lee is probably another reason he was keeping it to himself. I doubt Lee wouldn't throw that back at Larry if he outed him and Clementine saw it happen so it wouldn't be just Lee's word against Larry. Depending on how Lee's acted that may actually make Larry look like a bigger risk to the group if he's willing to make such snap decisions.

"Hey, I'm not the bad guy. This guy (who risked his life to get pills that saved my life and may have done similar heroic actions for the rest of you) is a murderer. So I had to murder him first, just like when Duck was bitten..."

Lilly would obviously take Larry's side but that's about it. I doubt Clementine would approve of kicking Lee out of the group and she's pretty good at guilt tripping people. (She manages to changes Christa's mind about Ben in Crawford.) Kenny would probably depend on how you treated him, but with Katjaa and Duck around it's doubtful he act to rashly and if Lee had sided with him he probably come to Lee's defense against Larry, the same guy who wanted to throw Kenny's son out. Both Carley and Doug end up owing their life to Lee and in Carley's case she already knew about Lee's past.

Holding onto Lee's secret gave Larry a bit of leverage over Lee, which he probably figured would keep Lee in line. He spills the beans it takes that advantage away and what happens to Lee depends on the group and there's no guarantee the group would side with Larry over Lee, especially considering the way Larry has acted to everyone.

I could actually picture Larry saying something like that if things worked out differently in Episode 2 and he survived. Since I've been Kenny's pal and agreed with Carley about telling my past to others, they'd both come to my defense against Larry. Clementine too. Maybe Ben, but I don't know. I could also picture Lee saying, "Seems like it does pay off to have people you can trust by your side and not be a total dipshit to everybody, now does it, Larry?"

• @Rommel49 said: Of course, there's also the fact that Larry can actually be the guy who ends up saving Lee from the pickup walker, depending upon the circumstances.

I think he probably kept quiet about it for the same reason Carley did in Ep. 1; the group didn't need additional problems and drama. Larry was just more direct/aggressive about how he phrased it than Carley was... even though they basically said the same thing on the matter.

I think he helps Lee mostly to save face. It would put him in a fairly bad light in everyone's eyes if he just stood there and refused to assist, even if he disliked him. He probably punched Lee in the drugstore because he and Lee were the only ones left inside at the time, and no one could know what he did.

• @Mornai said: I think he helps Lee mostly to save face. It would put him in a fairly bad light in everyone's eyes if he just stood there and refused to assist, even if he disliked him. He probably punched Lee in the drugstore because he and Lee were the only ones left inside at the time, and no one could know what he did.

Clem saw it. That's why she shouted "no" after he hit Lee. Wonder why she didn't say anything to anyone else...

• @BlackBoxx said: Clem saw it. That's why she shouted "no" after he hit Lee. Wonder why she didn't say anything to anyone else...

Maybe Lee told her not to.

• @Crixus said: Was he wanting to blackmail Lee in the future or something?

He did blackmail him. Larry has compromising information that he could use to manipulate Lee. Telling everyone immediately would be forfeiting a great position to be in.

• @DanJ555 said: He did blackmail him. Larry has compromising information that he could use to manipulate Lee. Telling everyone immediately would be forfeiting a great position to be in.

Well, he missed many a great opportunity. Three months pass and not once does he use that information as a significant blackmail opportunity, other than "don't go near my daughter or get anyone hurt". Though i suppose that's all he may have wanted.

• Larry wanted to save it for when he needed it and if he simply told everyone straight away the group are more likely to have sided with Lee
    Kenny and Katjaa owe Lee for his help and Doug would understand and Carley already knew
    He already told Lilly so telling everyone else may have simply cause more trouble for himself

• Larry was an ***hole -.-

plain and simple.[LIST=1]
    [/LIST]

Add Comment