User Avatar Image

Vernon in Season 2

posted by marioluigi344 on - last edited - Viewed by 328 users

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Vernon and his crew, and if that's the case, then Telltale will most likely give us the choice of killing them.

You'd do it...right?

Wrong.

You wanted to kill Larry, yet most of you couldn't.
You wanted to kill Duck, yet most of you couldn't.
You wanted to kill Ben, yet most of you couldn't.

Who's with me when i say Telltale will make this a hard decision?

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It might depend on the circumstances, but it's still going to be one hell of a temptation. I know it's just personal bias talking, but I was shot by the S.O.B. in the head twice during my first playthrough before I figured out what I was supposed to do. The fact that Vernon essentially abandoned Clem shortly after he dished out a self-righteous speech about being a bad father figure (if I had chosen to drop Ben in the belltower) only fuelled my hope that I'd see his comeuppance in the sequel.

And just for the record, I never wanted to kill Duck. Or even Larry, for that matter. But I got burned by Ben's stupidity and irresponsible ways one too many times.

• @marioluigi344 said:
    You'd do it...right?

Wrong.

I didn't want to kill Larry, Duck, or Ben. I didn't kill any of them, except for Duck, and that was because it was a mercy kill.

And guess what?
    I don't wanna kill Vernon. He did what he had to do to survive. I don't blame him for that. His group needed it more than ours did anyway. We were fractured, with only 2 of us REALLY wanting the boat. (Kenny and possible Lee.) Christa and Omid both wanted to stay on land and find a place in the middle of no where. Clementine just wanted to find her parents, and Ben just wanted safety. Really, in my game ONLY Kenny wanted a boat. So, Vernon can keep it. If we got a choice to kill them, I won't.

• @anonymau5 said: I don't wanna kill Vernon. He did what he had to do to survive.

Some of the most horrible actions in the comic book, TV series, and video game are often justified with "I did what I had to do to survive." Let's also not forget that was Lilly's way of thinking too, and she flat-out murdered Carley in one scenario.

• @Robert Morgan said: Some of the most horrible actions in the comic book, TV series, and video game are often justified with "I did what I had to do to survive." Let's also not forget that was Lilly's way of thinking too, and she flat-out murdered Carley in one scenario.

I know. It sounded harsh to me as I wrote it. Mostly because throughout all of this I promoted idealism rather than becoming murdering bastards to survive.

• Let's say Vernon DOES appear in season 2. He does something very wrong in front of Clem and the new protagonist. Do you choose to kill him, mirroring that scene with Danny in the barn? Or spare him, thinking that Clem will remember what you did?

-This is pretty much the only scenario I can think of should he return.

• i don't think vernon would be an interesting character if he came back (unless kenny was there as well) there would be no point in killing him, the only person that is potentially alive that was actually annoyed at Vernon was Kenny, christa thought he just did what he had to to survive and omid would probably agree with her and Clementine doesn't even know Vernon stole the boat (i don't think it was ever mentioned to her) so unless he commits another cowardly and selfish act in front of the new protagonist he would just be some guy they meet

• @thestalkinghead said: i don't think vernon would be an interesting character if he came back (unless kenny was there as well) there would be no point in killing him, the only person that is potentially alive that was actually annoyed at Vernon was Kenny, christa thought he just did what he had to to survive and omid would probably agree with her and Clementine doesn't even know Vernon stole the boat (i don't think it was ever mentioned to her) so unless he commits another cowardly and selfish act in front of the new protagonist he would just be some guy they meet

Molly? If she caught them setting up the boat? Its possible.

Anyway as for the "could you kill Vernon" question. Yes. Yes i could. Though i resent the comparison to Larry, Duck and Ben, I killed all them, Larry because i had to, not because i wanted to, same with Duck (although i had Kenny shoot him) and the reasons why i hated Ben are different to Vernon so its no comparison in motive.

Maybe more similar to Danny St.John in terms of deliberately fucking over the group and getting people killed, or maybe Lilly, who i wanted to kill.

Evidently i'm not the forgiving type, self preservation over all others doesn't cut it as an excuse for me, especially when they had a kid.

• @marioluigi344 said: Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Vernon and his crew, and if that's the case, then Telltale will most likely give us the choice of killing them.

You'd do it...right?

Wrong.

Who's with me when i say Telltale will make this a hard decision?

I killed Larry easily. Didn't care for him plus I wasn't taking the risk.
    I did kill Duck for mercy.
    I didn't kill Ben as I never wanted to kill him.
    I WOULD EASILY kill Vernon. He basically killed us all.

• The first thing I would do is go after Vernon and kill him if I had the opportunity.

• I would sacrifice my life just to kill him, I will be like "WTF the god sent me to this hell just to murder that mother****er*, and smoke him when I see him.

Add Comment