User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 15.1K users

Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vainamoinen said: Yeah, so do I. The first 24 hours are of utmost importance. If they haven't got at LEAST half of what they want, I guess the chances of success are massively diminished. Let's see what happens when the entirety of the USA is actually awake.

As of right now, they're a quarter there. I can actually see this happening.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: As of right now, they're a quarter there. I can actually see this happening.

It's certainly promising. But you'll have to reckon that this is a franchise of die hard fans who would pour their money in IMMEDIATELY. I'm really not so sure who's left after day one to back this.

• Dreamfall Chapters is halfway there already. With 28 days to go.

EDIT: I just pledged $25.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: It's certainly promising. But you'll have to reckon that this is a franchise of die hard fans who would pour their money in IMMEDIATELY. I'm really not so sure who's left after day one to back this.

It only needs $400,000 now, and there's 28 days left. That should be doable by casual fans, general adventure fans, and even just people who like supporting kickstarters in general.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Jennifer said: It only needs $400,000 now, and there's 28 days left. That should be doable by casual fans, general adventure fans, and even just people who like supporting kickstarters in general.

It IS doable. Still, as predicted, compared to yesterday the kickstarter is crawling today...

• Nearly OVER 8,000 backers so far. That's impressive sounding. Let's see how it compares to other projects...

DoubleFine had... 87 thousand. Wow.

Obsidian had... 74 thousand (give or take a dozen). Bloody hell.

Shadowrun had... 36 thousand. Not bad at all.

Broken Sword had... 18 thousand. For the amount of money they got, that's none too shabby!

Grim Dawn had... 12 thousand. Hmm... Dreamfall'll have to beat that at least.

SpaceVenture had... 10 thousand. Was that all? Could have sworn they had more.

Jane Jenson had... 5,800. Kinda surprised she actually made it.

It's not doing too badly, all told. And by comparison, Worlds of Wander has...

...787. Oh dear. That's not looking good at all.

• Worlds of Wander is based on a premise that's too old with a style that's unappealing for that amount of money.

• @DAISHI said: Worlds of Wander is based on a premise that's too old with a style that's unappealing for that amount of money.

Well, what do they expect? It's a 2D, Indie version of Little Big Planet.

• @Chyron8472 said: Well, what do they expect? It's a 2D, Indie version of Little Big Planet.

I agree, and it's a lot of money they're asking for.

Add Comment