User Avatar Image

Would it have been even better if Lee told Clementine that he loved her?

posted by RainbowSprinklz on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I found that last scene with Clem and Lee to be almost perfect...but I was waiting to hear Lee tell Clementine that he loved her.I know he can say "I'll miss you", but I just felt that him telling her that he loved her would solidify the father-daughter relationship between them and everything that has happened on their journey. Thoughts?:D

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Noble said: If Lee said that, it would be worse for Clementine. She had just seen her two true parents dead as walkers, if he said he loved her then she would be completely broken -- he avoided telling her to keep her strong, and personally I feel that Lee knew he couldn't say that as he was not her real father.

I half agree.
    I think that it would have been worse for Clem to say 'I love you'. Especially if you asked her to shoot you, or "raised" her to shoot you. Also, Clem's a smart girl. Kids are perceptive, so much more than adults give them credit for. She knew that (depending on your play) Lee loved her.
    I don't know if it was him not feeling like he should say it because he wasn't her real father, but more that because he felt like her father.

I like to bring humor into most situations, and I can't help but picture my daughter in that situation. I would have told her I loved her hours before I knew I was dying (or at least before I told her I was bitten). Putting it in a direct comparison, I save my daughter from the stranger, tell her I love her but we have to hurry, and then as I'm at the end of my rope, go out on a funny line, or a sweet one like "I'll miss you", versus the "I love you". If you raise your kids right, they know that anyway. :P

• I was hoping one of them to say "I love you". Instead all lee said was "I'll miss you..."

I was a bit dispointed in that -_-. They went though so much together and all Clem got was an "I'll miss you..." I think that if they would of said "I love you." That would of made the ending alittle bit sweet and less depressing..cause honestly I was in tears xD

• Both of them thought it, even though personally, I would have chosen the "I love you" option, if there was one, I think that's something, that's not needed to be said between my Lee and my Clementine, if sacrificing himself doesn't say, that Lee loves her as he would his own daughter, then hell... I don't know...

• Ugh, I wanted to say I love you but the closest to that was I'll miss you. I guess that would've been too much considering that she just saw her parents as walkers. I need her to be strong and I know that if I told her I love her, that would've made her more emotional than she already was. Plus, I know that she knows that I love her, I sacrificed my life for her and my Lee being able to save her was already enough for me. Actions speak louder than words. :)

• @AnnaSan said: Actions speak louder than words. :)

Totally agree. Plus, "I'll miss you" was depressing enough, thank you very much.

• @aerial-ballet said: Totally agree. Plus, "I'll miss you" was depressing enough, thank you very much.

Even so, saying "I'll miss you" doesn't necessarily bring me the 100% closure I would of liked.

• Hey. Haven't been on in awhile, but I started this thread because I felt like Clementine had become Lee's daughter in a way. Family doesn't need to be blood. Do parents not love their adoptive children just because they have no blood relation? I am not starting an argument; I just at the time wanted to hear what everyone thought. That is all.

• @RainbowSprinklz said: I felt like Clementine had become Lee's daughter in a way.

After she knew her real parents are dead for sure, she might've accepted Lee as her new father after some time, which makes the ending just so much sadder...

• @RainbowSprinklz said: Hey. Haven't been on in awhile, but I started this thread because I felt like Clementine had become Lee's daughter in a way. Family doesn't need to be blood. Do parents not love their adoptive children just because they have no blood relation? I am not starting an argument; I just at the time wanted to hear what everyone thought. That is all.

You're right, Lee basically adopted Clementine. I definitely felt like she was my daughter.

Add Comment