User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 183.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RetroVortex said: Gah! Trying to find decent cheap/free ebooks to read.
    And its annoyingly hard to find anything, because there are so many damn romance and murder mystery novels... -_-

At this rate I might have to seriously start writing my own. At least then I'd have something to read I know I like! XD

If you want, I could give you a coupon for a free copy of my novel when it gets out on the 14th of February (although the minimum price will be set to $2.99). Although mine is sort of a romance novel with fairy tales and eldritchness and that small bit of horror I've posted earlier which almost made me wet my bed.

• @GaryCXJk said: If you want, I could give you a coupon for a free copy of my novel when it gets out on the 14th of February (although the minimum price will be set to $2.99). Although mine is sort of a romance novel with fairy tales and eldritchness and that small bit of horror I've posted earlier which almost made me wet my bed.

Heh. That's very kind of you, but I know me, and there is a very good chance that I won't Get round to reading it! XD
    (I already got about 18 books on kindle, and so far, I've read about 1/3 of one, and that one is the creative writing book! XD)
    I'm just venting about trying to get myself into reading a little more.
    (Now that I have a tablet and all..)

• @coolsome said: 66-1.jpg

I've been reading a shitton of Batman lately. Any comics you guys can recommend?

I've read:

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
    The Killing Joke
    A Death in the Family
    The Dark Knight Returns (own this)
    Through The Looking Glass
    Batman and Son
    Batman: The Black Glove
    Batman: RIP
    Gotham By Gaslight
    War Games
    War Crimes
    Hush
    Gotham Central

Will read:
    Year One
    The Long Halloween
    All Star Batman and Robin
    Batman and Robin
    Knightfall

• Batman The Widening Gyre. It's pretty damn funny and compelling to read.

• @RetroVortex said: Heh. That's very kind of you, but I know me, and there is a very good chance that I won't Get round to reading it! XD
    (I already got about 18 books on kindle, and so far, I've read about 1/3 of one, and that one is the creative writing book! XD)
    I'm just venting about trying to get myself into reading a little more.
    (Now that I have a tablet and all..)

Well, just give me a yell if you want a free copy, it doesn't cost me anything anyway.

So yeah, it has finally come to this again.

Let me repost from my Facebook status:

Crap, I need to pick a song to do on Valentine's Day, and I'm really not sure which one. Still doubting between several.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49S7gDuzVU
    Dolly Dots - Love Me Just A Little Bit More

This one is an odd one of the bunch, seeing as it's not really a song from a fictional media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg3pK32-Kf4
    Adventure Time - All Gummed / Warmed Up Inside

If I pick this, I'll need to record two songs, one in the morning, one in the evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRYU4cqUAUs
    Enchanted - That's How You Know

This one ties in with the fact that I'm releasing my novel Eldritch Fairytales on the same day, but it really requires me to practice a lot in such a short time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOo8aBv2tEI
    Daffy Duck - Giant Robot Love

... Fuck it, I'll do this one next year.

• @Secret Fawful said: Will read:

All Star Batman and Robinl

Trust me, you do NOT want to do that.

• I have Girl Scout cookies. This is now the best day.

• @StrongBrush1 said: Trust me, you do NOT want to do that.

I like schlock. Hence why I'll read Coolsome's suggestion even if it's the comic where Batman admits he peed his bat-pants in Year One, and it's made known Batman can bring a woman to orgasm eleven times. (It might still be good)

• @Secret Fawful said: it's made known Batman can bring a woman to orgasm eleven times. (It might still be good)

We all knew that anyway!

• After Damien, I think it's safe to say Batman should keep it in his pants.

This discussion has been closed.