User Avatar Image

The cause of the zombie apocalypse?

posted by Zombies are Awesome! on - last edited - Viewed by 1.0K users

Anyone have any ideas what could have caused it? I know Kirkman has said he won't reveal it but when can still guess right? :)

i think its something religious, only because they mention religion many times in the comics and TV show

111 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Face and body lift gone wrong. Doctors prescribed wrong prescription for pain. oops... conspiracy theory.

• "The day when there will be more room in Hell, the dead will wander on earth ..." lol

• @Walnutters said: Terrorists in the middle east developed the virus, or what they called "Their gift from their god" They released a package in the U.S, containing the virus. They knew it would engulf the world, so to prevent becoming zombies themselves, they stuck magic pencils in the sand all around their country borders. They believe to be safe now .

U r a racist fuck?

• Not really, he's not insulting a certain race of people, but rather terrorists who come from the Middle East. It could have been Ireland, America, or any other country.
    It's just a fact that there is a lot of terrorist activity in the Middle East, that doesn't mean ALL people from the Middle East are terrorists. And that's not what he said.

• @JordyLicht said: Not really, he's not insulting a certain race of people, but rather terrorists who come from the Middle East. It could have been Ireland, America, or any other country.
    It's just a fact that there is a lot of terrorist activity in the Middle East, that doesn't mean ALL people from the Middle East are terrorists. And that's not what he said.

1.) He is making an assumption that terrorists from the Middle East are Muslims
    2.) He's making an assumption that Muslims are stupid and believe in magic, because pencils are apparently protection
    3.) There's a lot of terrorist activity in the Middle East? There's a lot of terrorist activity everywhere. More acts of terror occur in India than in Saudi Arabia. So strange that the initial assumption is that the terrorists come from the Middle East.
    4.) "It could have been Ireland, America, or any other country." But guess what, it wasn't, because the author made an assumption about people from that region of the world.
    5.) For any reader from the Middle East, you two jokers have provided an example of how people assume religion, likeliness to be a terrorist and ignorance to be characteristics of people from there. Because guess what, that comment wasn't made about the Netherlands. Which used to be a pretty tolerant place 600 years ago.

• @DAISHI said: 1.) He is making an assumption that terrorists from
    the Middle East are Muslims
    2.) He's making an assumption that Muslims are stupid and believe in magic, because pencils are apparently protection
    3.) There's a lot of terrorist activity in the Middle East? There's a lot of terrorist activity everywhere. More acts of terror occur in India than in Saudi Arabia. So strange that the initial assumption is that the terrorists come from the Middle East.
    4.) "It could have been Ireland, America, or any other country." But guess what, it wasn't, because the author made an assumption about people from that region of the world.
    5.) For any reader from the Middle East, you two jokers have provided an example of how people assume religion, likeliness to be a terrorist and ignorance to be characteristics of people from there. Because guess what, that comment wasn't made about the Netherlands. Which used to be a pretty tolerant place 600 years ago.

Wait, what the fuck just happened? I am a joker for standing up to the Middle East post? Why the hell are we arguing, since we have the same opinion?

1) First of all, I am not defending this guy's remarks, but isn't it fair enough to assume that terrorists from the Middle East will be Muslim? I don't have the facts or figures, but I'm guessing a high percentage of inhabitants of that area are in fact Muslim. So purely going on statistics, there's a chance that they might be Muslim.
    Then there is the so called Jihad. Officially meaning 'struggle', it's been used as a 'holy war' against the 'West' many times. The term 'holy' pretty much describes the religious side.
    Many of them believe that they're going to a better place, even sacrificing their own lives for the greater good. A lot of times there will be spiritual leaders next to combat leaders.
    Yes, I am pretty sure not ALL terrorists from the Middle East are Muslim.. ofcourse not. I don't know enough about the reason terrorism exists in that area, to know if it's ALL based on religion.

2) Agree with you here. This wasn't the correct way of voicing his opinion. I don't like any religion, so I've had a lot of complaints as well, and I have learnt my lesson on how to voice an opinion vs. just pissing a lot of people off.

3) Again, I agree that there is a lot of terrorism in other places in the world as well, but we weren't talking about them at that point. I know India has a lot of terrorism, probably even more terrorists than in the Middle East. I was only trying to say there's a difference between being a fullblown racist and saying there are terrorists in the Middle East. There are terrorists everywhere.

4) Agree with you again, hurrah. I wasn't defending his remarks about the Middle East, I said you could exchange the Middle East with any other country, because there are terrorists everywhere.

5) I didn't provide any examples other than saying maybe there are a lot of Muslims living in the Middle East. There will be more Christians living in the USA than Muslims, as will there be more Muslims living in the Middle East than Christans... It was purely a statistic.
    I didn't say ANYWHERE that the Muslim faith automatically means you will be a terrorist. That's fucking absurd! I don't have any problems with any people anywhere, as long as they don't mess with my life.
    Yes, I DO have a BIG problem with religion as a whole, but this is purely my own opinion, and this was NOT voiced in my post.

I'm still not sure why you were attacking me, or where you found hateful speech or a dislike of the Middle East people.

• @Zombies are Awesome! said: i think its something religious, only because they mention religion many times in the comics and TV show

I don't think it has anything to do with religion. I think the only reason why they mention religion is because they want something to believe in while their own world goes to hell.

Like in the TV show when they find the church in season 2, they all pray in front of the statue hoping that things to back to normal. I don't think religion was the cause, but more of a safe haven to allow them some hope.

• I think the only 2 reasons that make sense to me would be airborne virus, which would have infected a mass population, and a drunk driving accident could turn into 4 zombies, explains the spread so fast, or like they've referenced a plague sent down by god

• We have to understand the following:
    1. Everyone is infected
    2. Everyone turns after death
    3. Zombie bites cause death, turning(?)

If everyone has it, the most likely answer is probably that it's a waterborne pathogen That remains latent in the body until after death, which triggers the pathogen to assume control of the host. In the matters of getting bitten, perhaps the pathogen changes once it takes control of a body, so that when it bites a human, it actively works to kill them and then have them turn. There is no cure because it was already in all of us by the time we figured out the cause.

Also, religion as the cause is ridiculous. Zombies are a symbol of human flaws, e.g greed, corruption, materialism, etc.

Science, bruh.

Add Comment