User Avatar Image

Who do you think will end up surviving longer in Z A . Carl from the Comics or Clem

posted by Bababooey on - last edited - Viewed by 476 users

Who do u think will survive longer in the Z A Carl from the comics or clementine from the game?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think Clem will. As Rick is still the main focus of The Walking Dead comics, while I believe Clem is the focus of Telltale's series, and these are the necessary characters they follow (Kirkman has stated that The Walking Dead is simply following Rick's life, Lee was not ever the central character of the game, in my eyes it was Clementine). Therefore, Carl is expendable unless of course the comics take a story arc in which Carl is made to be the successor of Rick by the end of the comics and that will be the sole "happy" part of the ending. I fully expect Rick to die in Issue #300 which will be the final issue according to Kirkman, but if Carl hasn't died by then, then he's pretty much guaranteed to survive the series. Regardless, I don't think The Walking Dead comics will take that path, and I think Carl will die before Rick does (and thus before Clem).

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Depends on the release window of Season 2. :cool:

Honestly - Kirkman can let Carl die whenever he wants to. I don't think his readers are even that much emotionally invested. Shocking, all right, but not unexpected. But when Telltale kills off Clementine...

...I really don't want to be in this forum when that happens. :eek:

@Violet Virago said: Lee was not ever the central character of the game, in my eyes it was Clementine).

Name one scene besides the epilogue in which Lee wasn't there... and I'll enumerate 10 in which Clementine wasn't present. Seriously, I can imagine a game in which you don't really play as the actual protagonist... but not a good one.

• Kirkman has portrayed Carl as immortal, be it from the comics or tv show. With the way I've been raising Clem, she might not make it. In my playthrough, she did not shoot the stranger or Lee. Even though I want Clem to survive longer than Carl, it's probably not going to happen.

Unless the two are BOTH portrayed as immortal. That's another story.

• @Bababooey said: Who do u think will survive longer in the Z A Carl from the comics or clementine from the game?

Probably Carl but hopefully Clem! :D I just hope i thought her enough to be able to survive.

• I think they both have about equal chances to survive, so it would come down to luck and bad luck as it always does. Hopefully Clem would survive longer, because I really don't care too much if Carl dies, he's an ass kicker but I don't like him very much.

• Both are very stubborn, but Clem listens more than Carl. Also Carl survived a gunshot to the head, taking a good chunk off the side of his face and it's already about a year in the comics o.o
    Clem though, I'm pretty sure she'll survive for a long time with a group but not that long... She has to listen to her guardian and not talk to creepers on walkie-talkies D:

• Carl is better suited for survival, by a loooooonnnggg shot. Difference is that Kirkman, a known psychopath, is handling him. I don't think Telltale has the balls to kill Clementine (which is good, I'd be pissed if she dies. It'd be the first time I'd actually be mad at the writers over someone's death in The Walking Dead).

• @Vainamoinen said: Name one scene besides the epilogue in which Lee wasn't there... and I'll enumerate 10 in which Clementine wasn't present. Seriously, I can imagine a game in which you don't really play as the actual protagonist... but not a good one.

We may play as Lee, but i think the emotional focus is on Clementine rather than Lee himself. A lot of players feel sad at Lee's death not just for him but because he won't be there to protect her anymore. As the game progresses you get a stronger theme that Clem is Lee's priority, and nearly everything he does survival-wise has her in mind. In episode 5, she is literally the sole motivator for Lee to press on.

I'd say she's a major focus of the game story-wise, at least.

I'd also say Clem has a better chance of survival than Carl. Carl's likely to cause his own death before the environment does. He's too stubborn, too eager, and too hot-headed. With some of the crap he's pulled in the comics I'm surprised he's still alive to date.

• @CarScar said: Carl is better suited for survival, by a loooooonnnggg shot. Difference is that Kirkman, a known psychopath, is handling him. I don't think Telltale has the balls to kill Clementine (which is good, I'd be pissed if she dies. It'd be the first time I'd actually be mad at the writers over someone's death in The Walking Dead).

Better suited? I've said it before. Carl's missing an eye, the kid has no depth perception.

Add Comment