User Avatar Image

How to NOT bring Omid and Christa with you

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

So how do you get them to not insist on coming with you? I've heard if you hide the bite then they won't, but doesn't sound like it's the only choice that matters, but I can't really think of another time that would help or not help them supporting you. I guess right at the start you can agree that Omid needs a rest, and later on that you need to make sure Omid gets his meds, but none of those seem like major choices.

Anyway what I'm looking for is what choices/dialogue options did the people who didn't have them insist on joining you make?

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • WHAT? Omid DIES if Clem comes to Crawford?

That didn't happen in my playthrough. How does that happen?

• No, Omid does fine on his own, but Clem wasn't there to help.

• ttg setting them up as new caregivers/guardians for clem. play as omid in season 2?

• At one point before Lee gets split up from them he lets Christa go before him saying she's "walking for two" so that kinda proves it right?

• I was going for Pro-Kenny on my second playthrough and I wanted Christa and Omid to stay with the boat. I hid the bite but they still went with me, and Omid said it's because Clementine protected him when we were gone(I didn't bring Clem with us to Crawford) and Christa said I was always there for both of them. -.-

• @AnnaSan said: I was going for Pro-Kenny on my second playthrough and I wanted Christa and Omid to stay with the boat. I hid the bite but they still went with me, and Omid said it's because Clementine protected him when we were gone(I didn't bring Clem with us to Crawford) and Christa said I was always there for both of them. -.-

I did a Pro-Kenny playthrough as well but i got the exact opposite result. I said i need to do this alone and Kenny said he won't let me do such a thing, and he's certain Omid and Christa feel the same. Then they immediately said they will not be joining me. Kenny must have felt like an idiot there. :D

I think the final decision in episode 3 plays the largest part in influencing whether they'll join you. Followed by that, bringing Clem with you to Crawford(which i didn't expect to have any influence), disagreeing with Christa when she asks to stop so Omid can rest, and disagreeing with her again when she says she's not sure if Omid is feeling well enough to leave the mansion.

I think those are most of the influences but I'm not sure. They seem like the ones that would have the biggest impact. Why else would the last major decision in ep 3 be "help Omid or don't help Omid"?

• Christa's a jerk. I was super nice to them but decided to hide my bite and she said they weren't coming and then is a total butt to Omid all the time D:< *RAGE RAGE RAGE*

• Okay still no luck. This is what I did:

* Did not welcome or be nice to them in EP3

* Pushed Christa to reveal what they were talking about earlier

* Gave the least reassuring responses to Christa about taking care of Clem

* Pushed Omid

* Saved Christa

* Sided with Kenny to keep moving

* Sided with Kenny over Christa on the Walkie-man's intentions

* Never talked to Omid or Christa afterwards

* Took Clem to Crawford

* Didn't talk to Christa at Crawford

* Voted for Ben to stay after Christa didn't want him to (Had to tell Clem she couldn't vote first)

And after all of this they STILL refused to let me go alone after revealing the bite. Does anyone know if there is any dialogue in the game's files about them not coming when showing the bite? I'm out of options haha.

• @Yertos said: And after all of this they STILL refused to let me go alone after revealing the bite. Does anyone know if there is any dialogue in the game's files about them not coming when showing the bite? I'm out of options haha.

I think if you reveal the bite, they come no matter what. I did a lot of what you did but offered to carry Omid, and they let me go without them since they didn't know I was bitten. Christa even says in the attic she would have come if she knew Lee was bitten, so I don't think you can get rid of them if they know about the bite. :p

• That's what I've figured for awhile, but from what Jake said above and other previous hints other developers have said, it seemed like the "Show or Hide" choice wasn't 100% the only choice that mattered here. Oh well, I really wanted to see if they'd refuse to go knowing Lee was bit :P

Add Comment