User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 8.5K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zeruis said: What if...Molly saved Kenny at the last second like the ninja she is? :D

Then it wouldn't say he was lost to the herd at the end it would say he was lost in the crowd, meaning whereabouts unknown.

• @LokiHavok said: How can you be so sure? It's not like we had a view down there. The place he was in, while dark, can't have been completely lockdown without somewhere to go.

Telltale confirmed at the end of the game that Kenny was lost to the herd which means he was killed by the herd. If it said he was lost in the crowd that would mean his whereabouts remains unknown.

The walking dead wiki has Kenny's photo outlined in red like all the other characters in the walking dead universe that are definitely dead. The ones that can have more than one outcome based on chosen scenarios are outlined in purple like Lee who will either turn into a zombie or be killed before transforming.

When I finished the game I understood Telltale's wording, I understood that they meant he was dead. Telltale could have been more clear with the wording and said he was eaten, that would have cleared up any confusion. As it is even if season 2 finished without Kenny featuring in the game people will still be saying that he is alive somewhere and will come back for season 3.

• @Cyreen said: The entire game is a matter of perspective. Why should Kenny's demise (or not) be any different.

Where as the game may "be about perspective" the status of the characters at the end is clear. It says who lived, who died and how the characters died. It doesn't say Kenny's death is unknown it says he was lost to the herd which means the herd took his life. In every other sentence in the English language being lost to something means the cause of someone's death. If it said he was lost IN the crowd of zombies then his status would remain unknown by the ending of the game.

• @dee23 said: Where as the game may "be about perspective" the status of the characters at the end is clear. It says who lived, who died and how the characters died. It doesn't say Kenny's death is unknown it says he was lost to the herd which means the herd took his life. In every other sentence in the English language being lost to something means the cause of someone's death. If it said he was lost IN the crowd of zombies then his status would remain unknown by the ending of the game.

the rest of the people that were dead it said they were dead, lost to the herd means he was lost from the group in a herd of zombies and they didn't know if he was dead or not.

"In every other sentence in the English language being lost to something means the cause of someone's death"

saying someone is lost to something does not always mean dead, it is used in an ambiguous way a lot, like i could say "my friend was lost to drug addiction" that could mean they aren't the same person any more or it could mean they are dead or it could mean i don't even know if they are dead or not

• I think Kenny survived. Maybe Molly helped. Why ? Because she is still in the Savannah. She is fast, silent, strong. He can not die. This is imposible. If he dies, everything goes down. Because they need someone to tell the whole story to other people. Kenny can protect Clementine. Not Omid/Crista. Kenny and Lee are best friend.(If you sided with Kenny in the whole story) Lee were there Kenny and Kenny were there Lee. He will come back in season 2. Think about it. Crista jumps hole. And then Kenny jumps hole. He saved Crista. Then we saw him. He were killing walkers.(Shooting them) Then walkers gone. He said get off me. But we can't know he bitt. I know, we heard his scream but walkers gone. That makes sense. Everything silent. This means, maybe Kenny jumped through the windows. Or maybe he found the back door of the building. Or he found some hole. And Ben: We saw him when he was falling down. Yes, Kenny went to his near. Then, Lee and Kenny discussed. And then, Kenny pushed him. Locked the door. Now stop and think for a second. When we are at the house.(Escaping the walkers) Two person on the bed. When we choose "Might've been the right choice" Then, Kenny " Don't you say that ". I know he said " You stick it out as long as you can. You do whatever you have to. " But then Kenny " So let's figure a way outta here ". That means, he choose to survive. He choose to fight for survive. I don't think, he shot Ben and shot himself. This is imposible. Think !

• http://youtu.be/jGi1lHKKAy4

Every point of his death is examined in this video. This video is mostly a response on the controversy around his death. Enjoy.

• Nice vid, I heard Kenny's cry when I played, but now it was very loud. This video confirms all my thoughts about the death of Kenny

• I have a nasty feeling Telltale will give us a "shock" moment in the sequel when the new PC runs into a walker...who just happens to be Kenny. If we can't regain our composure fast enough to kill him, Kenny would then sink his teeth into the PC. It's a horrible, sadistic thing to do the player, which is exactly why I expect Telltale will do it. (Because they're secretly evil S.O.B.s)

On the other hand, what Telltale could do is put us through another emotional gauntlet for season 2, and just when we're about ready to jump off a rooftop after finishing the game...up pops a non-walker Kenny in the final seconds, much like how Captain Barbossa returned in the second PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movie. It would end the game on a triumphant note after all the darkness we had to endure prior, and the player would be all the more excited and anxious to see what will happen in season 3.

• I think the only thing it's safe to assume is that it's safe to assume nothing.

I don't think for a second they left his "death" vague on accident.... alive or dead, we'll find out - and at the worst possible time.

• Wait how do you get more bullets? Doesn't Lee drop his gun climbing up? And the Gun Ben gives you always seems to be empty...

Add Comment