User Avatar Image

Who do you think will end up surviving longer in Z A . Carl from the Comics or Clem

posted by Bababooey on - last edited - Viewed by 548 users

Who do u think will survive longer in the Z A Carl from the comics or clementine from the game?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Carl.

He's the only character in any iteration of the story I'd be nervous about.....

• @Mornai said: We may play as Lee, but i think the emotional focus is on Clementine rather than Lee himself. A lot of players feel sad at Lee's death not just for him but because he won't be there to protect her anymore. As the game progresses you get a stronger theme that Clem is Lee's priority, and nearly everything he does survival-wise has her in mind. In episode 5, she is literally the sole motivator for Lee to press on.

I'd say she's a major focus of the game story-wise, at least.

This. I'm not sure whose story it is because it's so well balanced between the two, not necessarily in terms of presence but in terms of where the story resonates.

• Did anybody read Issue 106?

So if the question is who can longer live in ZA alone I bet for Carl. If it will be surviving in group, I bet for Clem.

• @Vainamoinen said: Depends on the release window of Season 2. :cool:

Honestly - Kirkman can let Carl die whenever he wants to. I don't think his readers are even that much emotionally invested. Shocking, all right, but not unexpected. But when Telltale kills off Clementine...

...I really don't want to be in this forum when that happens. :eek:

Name one scene besides the epilogue in which Lee wasn't there... and I'll enumerate 10 in which Clementine wasn't present. Seriously, I can imagine a game in which you don't really play as the actual protagonist... but not a good one.

It's true about Carl. I've been reading the comics for a long time, and am fully caught up and waiting for the next issues release tomorrow. I think Kirkman, god bless him, has really worn thin the whole "get emotionally invested" in his characters. He kills them off more for shock value now than to actually advance the plot. Right now in the comic, there are seriously three characters that I like. It's not like it was when they were at the prison when there was a rich cast of characters to enjoy and read about. His side characters are really failing.

And it's also true, that each issue I just sort of expect anyone and everyone to die. It doesn't really matter too much if they do or don't at this point. I think the best thing Kirkman could possibly do is to either kill Rick and bring in a new protagonist, or just completely reformat the comic and start over with a new group.

Either way, back to the main question. It's difficult to tell. Carl really didn't start coming into his own and become the bad ass that people like until post-prison. That was well into a year after the apocalypse started. Clem has only been seen up until about 4 months after the start, and the way her story closes out at the end of Season 2, she might start becoming a more proactive survivor earlier than Carl did.

• Carl. That boy is a fucking monster. 2 years into the apocalypse and he's sneaking into enemy territory, taking out as much as he can. (Not a smart choice though XD)

Clem is 3-4 months into the apocalypse and already emotionally devastated.

• @Mornai said: We may play as Lee, but i think the emotional focus is on Clementine rather than Lee himself. A lot of players feel sad at Lee's death not just for him but because he won't be there to protect her anymore. As the game progresses you get a stronger theme that Clem is Lee's priority, and nearly everything he does survival-wise has her in mind. In episode 5, she is literally the sole motivator for Lee to press on.

I'd say she's a major focus of the game story-wise, at least.

I'd also say Clem has a better chance of survival than Carl. Carl's likely to cause his own death before the environment does. He's too stubborn, too eager, and too hot-headed. With some of the crap he's pulled in the comics I'm surprised he's still alive to date.

My thoughts exactly.

• I'm not too familiar with Carl from the comics but I assume that killing him off won't be nearly as evil as killing Clem off from the game. That would just cause riots in the streets and gamers committing suicide.

• Wrecking ball?

He's like a fucking terminator... when he lost that eye, I expected a red glow to be underneath.

• Neither of them are going anywhere for a long time. Telltale don't have the balls to kill off Clementine and Robert Kirkman said something about Carl probably taking over from Rick when he dies and that the whole thing is pretty much 'Carl's story' or something like that.

Add Comment