User Avatar Image

Would you have preferred a different Lee bite scene?

posted by Crixus on - last edited - Viewed by 454 users

Would you have preferred Lee to be bitten in a more epic fashion such as Tackling/fighting walkers to the ground to save Clem or one of the group or did you think the scene where he got a surprise attack from a walker was the right scene?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it was perfect actually. Clem's gone. Hat on the floor. Found the radio and BAM you've just been bitten. I liked the way the mood of it set in.
    "Oh no Clem's gone! OH NO her hat! OH NO the radio! AHHH Walker!.... Phew, it's dead. Well, now where's Cle- OMG I'VE BEEN BITTEN WHAT IS THIS."
    Yeah.

• @Danno123 said: I think it was perfect actually. Clem's gone. Hat on the floor. Found the radio and BAM you've just been bitten. I liked the way the mood of it set in.
    "Oh no Clem's gone! OH NO her hat! OH NO the radio! AHHH Walker!.... Phew, it's dead. Well, now where's Cle- OMG I'VE BEEN BITTEN WHAT IS THIS."
    Yeah.

Yeah I agree,it reinforced the point that you are never safe and that danger lurks around every corner.

• I felt it was quite a good way to do it. To make it heroic was the easy thing to do.

It was a shock and really hammered home the idea that in this world no matter how good you are, it only takes a second to completely unravel. Eventually they'll be a moment we're you just weren't ready. Quite realistic as well, i imagine most of us would end up dying from a small mistake in a real ZA.

• The scene is perfect as it is. The fact that it happened so fast, and could have easily been prevented, makes it much more real and tragic.

• @aerial-ballet said: The scene is perfect as it is. The fact that it happened so fast, and could have easily been prevented, makes it much more real and tragic.

Do walkers have intelligence enough to hide and abruptly chomp their victims' arms like if they planned it? lol doesn't make any LICK OF A GOD DAMN SENSE :P

• @Web Head said: Do walkers have intelligence enough to hide and abruptly chomp their victims' arms like if they planned it? lol doesn't make any LICK OF A GOD DAMN SENSE :P

The walker wasnt hiding, there are two types of walkers,roamers who continiously move around and lurkers who are lazy and just lay in the same spot until they see something that gets their attention. Lurker's can sometimes be mistaken for dead corpses which can make them very dangerous, Lee was caught by surprise because his mind wasn't in the right place as he was understandably panicking because Clem was missing. Usually he wouldn't have made such a rookie mistake as not checking for walkers.

• @The Fallen said: I felt it was quite a good way to do it. To make it heroic was the easy thing to do.

It was a shock and really hammered home the idea that in this world no matter how good you are, it only takes a second to completely unravel. Eventually they'll be a moment we're you just weren't ready. Quite realistic as well, i imagine most of us would end up dying from a small mistake in a real ZA.

It's hardly realistic considering Lee's been living in that environment for over three months. Hell, Kenny even says in Ep. 3 that they're always worried about the ones they can't see... Apparently not.

I've said it before. Speaking from some measure of experience (I lived in an area with animals that can kill by biting or stinging and worked with them as a hobby), anyone actually living in that sort of scenario would know to safely check potential cover sites, simply out of habit.

I'm not the only one who saw it coming, the scene even looks awkward if you have Lee check the garbage first (I actually tried just going around the left side of the road, which made it even more obvious Lee was getting railroaded when I hit the invisible wall).

• @Rommel49 said: It's hardly realistic considering Lee's been living in that environment for over three months. Hell, Kenny even says in Ep. 3 that they're always worried about the ones they can't see... Apparently not.

I've said it before. Speaking from some measure of experience (I lived in an area with animals that can kill by biting or stinging and worked with them as a hobby), anyone actually living in that sort of scenario would know to safely check potential cover sites, simply out of habit.

I'm not the only one who saw it coming, the scene even looks awkward if you have Lee check the garbage first (I actually tried just going around the left side of the road, which made it even more obvious Lee was getting railroaded when I hit the invisible wall).

Normally Lee would never make such a silly mistake but the way i see it,he was in a state of panic because Clem was missing so he wasn't thinking things through or making logical choices.

• @Crixus said: The walker wasnt hiding, there are two types of walkers,roamers who continiously move around and lurkers who are lazy and just lay in the same spot until they see something that gets their attention. Lurker's can sometimes be mistaken for dead corpses which can make them very dangerous, Lee was caught by surprise because his mind wasn't in the right place as he was understandably panicking because Clem was missing. Usually he wouldn't have made such a rookie mistake as not checking for walkers.

The radio was making noise just enough for the walker to approach it, then why didn't it do? :confused:

Add Comment