User Avatar Image

Kickerstarters and old Adventure games: has anyone pledged?

posted by doom saber on - last edited - Viewed by 666 users

I noticed that there has been a frequent spike in Adventure games Kickerstarter projects recently; from games to the Leisure Suit Larry remakes to the Broken Sword sequel, almost every non Lucasarts game you can think of is getting a remake or a spiritual/direct sequel. With that said, has anyone pledged for an adventure game Kickerstarter project?

I pledged $250 for the Broken Sword game. I wanted to pledge for the Larry games, but I missed the deadline. Even though the Kickerstarter has ended for the Broken Sword game, it appears that one can still donate or edit their donations through the revolution game - I am tempted to donate 8 more dollars to get the Order of the Goat membership despite having no idea what the membership is exactly for.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MusicallyInspired said: Ahh. It's just that...

...this threw me off because you said SpaceVenture and Larry.

I really meant Larry, but threw in SpaceVenture just so that I don't sound bias. I don't really care for SpaceVenture despite being a fan of Space Quest

• I've backed Larry, SpaceVenture, Double Fine, and Broken Sword. I'm about ready for the respective companies/teams to wrap up production and ship me my games already!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Since I last posted I backed Hero U, Shadowgate, Inherit the Earth 2 (cancelled so they can retry the kickstarter again when they're better prepared), and Dreamfall Chapters (still going and looks like it's going to make it's funding).

I'm actually getting really excited at the prospect that the 2012 adventure kickstarters will start releasing their games soon. :)

• Lessee..

- Double Fine Adventure
    - Feeble's Fable (didn't make it)
    - Leisure Suit Larry
    - Jane Jenson's thing
    - Rob Swigert's Portal (didn't make it)
    - SpaceVenture
    - Rob Swigert's Portal v2.0 (didn't make it - again)
    - Tex Murphey - Project Fedora
    - Reincarnation: The Root of All Evil
    - Sam Suede in Undercover Exposure (didn't make it)
    - Lilly Looking Through
    - Quest for Infamy
    - HeXit (didn't make it)
    - Jack Houston and the Necronauts
    - Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse
    - Hero-U (does this count as an adventure?)
    - Dreamfall Chapters

...wow. That's a LOT. And here I thought RPGs were my favourite genre!

• -Double Fine Adventure
    -SpaceVenture

That's it. I would have backed Quest for Infamy if I had any cash left at the time. I also backed Ken Allen's Music Kickstarter: Under The Half Dome, which I and a few other musicians in the Sierra community (including James Mulvale from Quest For Infamy) are now going to be performing on.

• @Darth Marsden said: - Double Fine Adventure
    - Feeble's Fable (didn't make it)
    - Leisure Suit Larry
    - Jane Jenson's thing
    - Rob Swigert's Portal (didn't make it)
    - SpaceVenture
    - Rob Swigert's Portal v2.0 (didn't make it - again)
    - Tex Murphey - Project Fedora
    - Reincarnation: The Root of All Evil
    - Sam Suede in Undercover Exposure (didn't make it)
    - Lilly Looking Through
    - Quest for Infamy
    - HeXit (didn't make it)
    - Jack Houston and the Necronauts
    - Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse
    - Hero-U (does this count as an adventure?)
    - Dreamfall Chapters

+ Shadowgate (I have fond memories of the first one)
    + The Red Queen of Oz: Two Fates (unsuccessful)

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@MusicallyInspired said: I also backed Ken Allen's Music Kickstarter: Under The Half Dome, which I and a few other musicians in the Sierra community (including James Mulvale from Quest For Infamy) are now going to be performing on.

Wow, he managed to find a legal provision that allows him to make updated versions of his original Sierra songs! Definitely backed by me! The Space Quest music was a huge inspiration for me to get involved in composing. :D

• The only adventure game I've backed since my first post in this thread (which was around the time of the Broken Sword Kickstarter) is Dreamfall Chapters.

• http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey?ref=home_popular

This is my new favorite to watch, Dreamfall Chapters, but I also funded Project Eternity. I am really hoping Dreamfall makes it, loved that series since the Longest Journey and would like to see the rest of the story.

• In case you missed it, the guy himself posted here.

I moved his post over to the general Kickstarter thread (since this one's more for adventure games people have backed and the other one's more of a free-for-all) if you wanna check it out, maybe talk to him...

Add Comment