User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 10.3K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd be more interested by how Kenny would fit into the plot for season 2, assuming he escaped alive and unbitten. He'd have to be given another reason for living, considering that he appeared suicidal for a long time after Duck and Katjaa were killed. Maybe he could adopt some kind of surrogate son? It's pretty likely there would be a lot of orphans running around, thanks to the zombie apocalypse.

• @Viner16 said: Wait how do you get more bullets? Doesn't Lee drop his gun climbing up? And the Gun Ben gives you always seems to be empty...

Save like 3 bullets in the mansion shooting scene then when Kenny tells you to go say 'Okay' and you give him the bullets.

• He's definately not definately dead. While the video did bring up some good points, I still feel that there is a possibility (albeit a low one) of Kenny's survival. I got the Christa death scene, where Kenny most assuredly does not give up. It's not inconcievable that he could have found a door somewhere and escaped the building, because, really, who builds a room with no doors? The fact that many of his death noises were cut out indicates (in my mind) that TT wants to leave his character open for the next season. If they use him then, then we know he survived. If we don't see him, then I'd think that he was really dead.

It's much less likely that he made it out of the alley, admittedly, but this may be a point that TT uses in Season 2. Perhaps, depending on which version of his "death" you got, that dictates his fate in the second season. With Ben, he is dead. He died in the alley after giving up and locking himself in. With Christa, he's alive and found a door out of the room (just barely) and managed to find a safe place somewhere. Since he doesn't appear to give up in that version, he could still decide to live on and perhaps link up with Omid, Christa, and Clem after he escapes Savannah. Here's hoping for Kenny in season 2.

• Have you not heard this terrible scream? I am very sorry that left no additional cartridge, Oh God how is it Kenny suffered before he's dying... nobody deserves to die like that

• @zev_zev said: Have you not heard this terrible scream? I am very sorry that left no additional cartridge, Oh God how is it Kenny suffered before he's dying... nobody deserves to die like that

Those screams are cut for a reason you know

• @vivec said: Those screams are cut for a reason you know

I have heard these cries when I played, it was just very quiet cry, I have a powerful headphones, so I heard it. But in this video shows us this cry without background noise.

• Good points were made on the video,this is my opinion on the whole Kenny thing. I believe that Kenny is neither dead nor alive but in a state of limbo at the moment because thats the way telltale want it to be. I believe that initially telltale had planned that Kenny would always die in episode 5, this would explain why they had Gavin Hammon(Kenny's VO) record screams of pain which would make it obvious Kenny was being eaten alive. But then I believe when telltale realised they would be making a season 2 they weren't able to decide whether they still wanted to kill off Kenny or have him outright survive,i imagine the writers could have been divided on the issue so they decided to come to a comprimise, they would make the 'death' very ambigious so that they would have the option to bring him back in season 2 if they felt it was the right thing to do or they could never bring him back which would leave the player to assume that he did indeed die in EP 5, I think this theory explains why they decided to remove the kenny screams of pain and Gavin Hammon said keep your hopes up for Kenny is season 2.

• @Crixus said: I think this theory explains why they decided to remove the kenny screams of pain and Gavin Hammon said keep your hopes up for Kenny is season 2.

So you want to say that quiet screams Kenny in the game it just a games bug?

• Kenny if he lives, could turn out to be a bad guy, like the the Stranger... Driven mad by loss of his family, and any friends he once had (either because they died or he believed they had betrayed him).

Would he trust Clementine, or consider a threat after her betrayal?

• @zev_zev said: So you want to say that quiet screams Kenny in the game it just a games bug?

I heard no screams from Kenny in my death scene (Ben/Kenny Death scene)

Add Comment