User Avatar Image

Check out Telltale's new beta site!

posted by puzzlebox on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Hey all! You might have noticed the shiny new banner at the top of the page... the web team here has literally just launched the public beta test for our new site.

I can't add much more instruction-wise to what's already in the blog post, so go check that out for more info. However, if you want a shortcut, here's the path to the Community section (aka the new forum).

Your feedback is welcomed and appreciated - let us know on the beta forum what you think of the new look and feel, and of course flag it up if you find any bugs we can squash! It'd be awesome if discussion of the beta forum happened ON the beta forum, but I'll leave this thread open just for anyone who might have trouble registering in the new place.

See you over there!

-----------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: The beta is done for now - thanks so much to all who participated! Your feedback has been well received, and the web team will be making some updates to the site functionality before the big launch. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I created this account with the new method and it went through quite smoothly. I like how it gives a bunch of mail options for the mailing lists so that you can opt-in or out of a lot of items and that you can sign up for updates for specific games as well.

Thank you for all of your hard work!

• All I can say so far is that I don't like it. I don't even really want to post on it. Maybe it just needs time to grow on me but I mainly don't like the way the threads are laid out. Instead of the straight thread lines here it's stepped by conversations or something like that. That stepping looks terrible after multiple replies back and forth. And it all seems a bit disjointed to me.

Someone else described it best when saying it's more like comments on a blog than an actual working forum.

• The bar that traveled down with the rest of the page annoyed me. I told it to stay at the top where it belonged but it kept on following me down to tell me about Not Bacon.

• @corruptbiggins said: All I can say so far is that I don't like it. I don't even really want to post on it. Maybe it just needs time to grow on me but I mainly don't like the way the threads are laid out. Instead of the straight thread lines here it's stepped by conversations or something like that. That stepping looks terrible after multiple replies back and forth. And it all seems a bit disjointed to me.

Someone else described it best when saying it's more like comments on a blog than an actual working forum.

I share this sentiment.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Remember to post your feedback on the beta forum! That's where folks will be looking for it.

• We could make it work if we all work together and never +1 anything or reply to any posts.

• @Alcoremortis said: We could make it work if we all work together and never +1 anything or reply to any posts.

That comment deserves a plus 1!

• @puzzlebox said: Remember to post your feedback on the beta forum! That's where folks will be looking for it.

Shame I can't join as the verification system's not working, then.

• Doesn't seem to be working for me either. Actually I don't really know, because the site is seriously broken on mobile devices, which is what I use most of the time. I'm able to open the register dialog but I can just barely fit the fields I need to fill into my view and I'm not able to scroll around to see all of it because of the way it keeps repositioning. When I submit I just get a modal gray overlay and I don't know if I'm supposed to do anything there because that's all I'm able to see, but I'm not getting any emails, so something is wrong for sure.

The repositioning is also a problem with that annoying menu that keeps jumping around since that means I'm never able to see more than the left half of the menu. If Telltale finally gets around to implementing Tapatalk like most forums on the internet I won't mind too much, since I hardly ever visit anything but the forums anyway.

EDIT: Just got the email after about ten minutes and was able to register.

Add Comment