1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Given the number of people who wanted this game on GOG, I'm surprised they didn't charge MORE for it, like a kind of 50% anticipation tax.

• @Vainamoinen said: There should have been an introductory offer anyway.
    The game is. thirteen. years. old. :mad:

Given the number of copies it's going to sell, I can't imagine why they'd want to from a business point of view.

As Gibbey said, I'm just glad they didn't charge more for it.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Given the massively dated graphics, I can't imagine why they didn't just stop at 5,00$ AND made a 50% introductory offer.

For 2,49$, I'd have given this a shot for sure! :cool:

Honestly, I don't want to criticize beloved games here. The game might have been a milestone without a doubt. But gog.com is not entitled to charge for the level of love a game has seen in its time. Final Fantasy VII is now sixteen years old. If I am ever to buy it again, it will cost 5$ or less without DRM, and that's one of my personal milestones.

• $10 is a fairly standard price for a 'new' game there.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to pay that much, but there are plenty of others who would (hell, I did, and I never pay full price for stuff these days), so presumably that's why they've done it.

Give it some time. It'll go on sale eventually.

• That may take a while, though. The game is taking off like a rocket, it's already halfway up the all-time best-sellers list.

• @Gibbeynator said: That may take a while, though. The game is taking off like a rocket, it's already halfway up the all-time best-sellers list.

Already had that covered. @Gibbeynator said: It'll go on sale eventually.

• @Vainamoinen said: Given the massively dated graphics, I can't imagine why they didn't just stop at $5.00 AND made a 50% introductory offer.

For $2.49, I'd have given this a shot for sure! :cool:

fixed. ;)

Also, I agree with Marsden. Supply and demand, you know.

For the record, I bought it.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Yup... that was the standard German notation for prices. Took me a while to find out what you fixed.

• American numerical notation uses commas to separate large numbers and a decimal point (a period) to denote...decimals.

American currency notation also puts the dollar sign in front of the number, or the cent sign after the number (which is used only if referring to values less than one dollar, and even then it's more common to instead use a decimal dollar value.)

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I've been wondering about System Shock 2 too. But, like Vainamoinen I'll wait for a discount before I buy it.

I was hoping that Love for Sail would show up for Valentine's Day. Oh well (I've still got to finish Larry 6 anyway).

Add Comment