User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 199.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: My laptop burned the skin on my leg, and I had to peel it off. Asshole electronics!

And this is why I wear pants when using the lappy.

• @StrongBrush1 said: And this is why I wear pants when using the lappy.

I was wearing pants. The burn appeared over weeks, and I just thought it was a pigment in my skin. When it wrinkled up and blistered, I realized it was the laptop, and also that I didn't like anything about this at all.

• Updated and Rooted Nexus 7.
    Was kind of worried that I botched it since I got some log errors, but it appears to be working.
    (Unlock icon, Super User installed)

To test I bought the Sixaxis app, and hey presto! My PS3 controller works wirelessly on there.
    (Perfect for playing The Bard's Tale and Emulators! ;D)

• I had a dream last night. There was a house, it hasn't been lived in for a long time. Two friends bought it as a sort of college bachelor pad. One would live in the living room on the couch, the other in the bedroom. The house needed some reconstruction. The garage especially. It was in a lower income neighborhood. Part of the garage was sealed off by wooden frames, like where a wall had once existed. Through the gaps in the wall they could see what looked like an old vinyl record in its cover. The exterior was a misty gray. A girl with a panicked expression, with her hand facing the viewer as if he was pressed against glass, stared out from the mist, waist up, so she was pretty near the front of the cover. Across the too of the record cover, which say propped up on the ground, the title said "Jessica Whildon's Numbers". It was a confusing title. They didn't know what it meant. At night they began hearing scratches on the walls. In their dreams they saw a recurring series of numbers. One day a police officer outside struck up a conversation with the pair. The last owner of the house suffered from extreme obsessive compulsion and delusional visions. At night they began to see a creature in their dreams, walking the halls of the house, something like a massive broad elephant drunk forming most if its body so It had no distinguishable head, short stumpy feet and hands emerging from the trunk, a pair of eyes at the top, it's body covered in a tattered brown cloak. It dragged its hands along the walls, nails scratching them, a low guttural voice speaking a series of numbers. They began waking up drenched in sweat, hearts beating hard, the face of Jessica Whildon the last image they saw before awakening.

• Remembered the quote from the dream. Living without ending the life that never dies, Jessica Whildon speaks from life that's not alive.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I has best boyfriend. He got me Batman for Valentines Day. Your boyfriend, on the other hand, did not get you Batman for Valentine's Day.
    detective-comics-1-one-liner-art1.jpg

• Newcanvass.png
    (courtesy of Falanca)

Happy Pink and Red Candy Day, or whatever.

• For Valentines I rented a room at a club and invited a parade of lonely floosies. I'll take it.

• @divisionten said: I has best boyfriend. He got me Batman for Valentines Day. Your boyfriend, on the other hand, did not get you Batman for Valentine's Day.

I don't even have a boyfriend.

This discussion has been closed.