User Avatar Image

Do you want an antagonist character like Larry in your group in season 2?

posted by Crixus on - last edited - Viewed by 368 users

Or like Shane in the TV show, i think it adds a nice dimension to the group dynamic when you have someone who usually goes against you and doesnt agree with you,makes for some good drama. Would you like to have a character like this in your group in season 2?

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We've had the "friend turned enemy" person, and the hotheaded asshole person, this time I'd like someone who is quite crazy but hides it pretty well and comes off as a nice guy who helps around but with little subtle hints that there's something not right about this person. Think more like the St. John's but less obvious, and you don't really pick up on anything weird about this character for an episode or two, and near the end of the season becomes the main antagonist like the Stranger was but it would be better because we knew this person all season long.

• @Yertos said: We've had the "friend turned enemy" person, and the hotheaded asshole person, this time I'd like someone who is quite crazy but hides it pretty well and comes off as a nice guy who helps around but with little subtle hints that there's something not right about this person. Think more like the St. John's but less obvious, and you don't really pick up on anything weird about this character for an episode or two, and near the end of the season becomes the main antagonist like the Stranger was but it would be better because we knew this person all season long.

This is a good idea. A character like that could be great.

• I'd like to have someone around that I can tell to fuck themselves.
    Just me? ;)

• I want an antagonist character but not another Larry

I want someone more nasty and with less reason to hate you

A bit harsher and a bit tougher

• I don't want a Larry clone - but assholes create drama, and drama improves stories; especially survival stories.

So yeah, we need some antagonistic characters.

• Instead of another tired "enemy from within" scenario, I'd rather see an episode where your group was pitted against a more violent band of thugs or soldiers. The Telltale team should go back to Romero classics such as DAWN OF THE DEAD for inspiration. The post-28 DAYS LATER zombie trend has pretty much been stripped clean.

• One of the reasons why I love "The Walking Dead" is the fact that in this history is the evil of the good characters (except Clementines), these are just people who survive so as they can. As we say in Russia: "We are all the nits when we want to survive." Larry also wanted to survive and protect his daughter, he was not evil, but it caused the rage, and this makes the game more additional interest. It would be interesting to see a character such as a Negan. He is a goddamn devil, his actions do not apologize, but there is something in it is that attracts me, it's charisma, for me Negan is like a Joker in the film about Batman. I mean that the negative characters should not be menie interesting than positive, or than the main characters. But Larry did not cause nothing but feelings of irritation. However, the stranger gave me the hatred fells that I did not cease to strangle him until Lee didn't remove her hand from his neck. That's what feelings must cause similar characters.

• @zev_zev said: One of the reasons why I love "The Walking Dead" is the fact that in this history is the evil of the good characters (except Clementines), these are just people who survive so as they can. As we say in Russia: "We are all the nits when we want to survive." Larry also wanted to survive and protect his daughter, he was not evil, but it caused the rage, and this makes the game more additional interest. It would be interesting to see a character such as a Negan. He is a goddamn devil, his actions do not apologize, but there is something in it is that attracts me, it's charisma, for me Negan is like a Joker in the film about Batman. I mean that the negative characters should not be menie interesting than positive, or than the main characters. But Larry did not cause nothing but feelings of irritation. However, the stranger gave me the hatred fells that I did not cease to strangle him until Lee didn't remove her hand from his neck. That's what feelings must cause similar characters.

Any villain whose every sentence is punctuated by several f-bombs gets very boring, very fast. Excessive foul language doesn't equal "badass", at least not to me.

• A governer character would be an interesting antagonist aswell.

Add Comment