User Avatar Image

retail disc walking dead episode 5 all the graphics are missing

posted by someonezmom on - last edited - Viewed by 500 users

Hi I just bought the retail version a couple of weeks ago.
I have had no issues until tonight. Started to play episode 5 and all the freezes. Finally it played but all the background images are missing. I can see through walls and all the characters are in a black void. I am watching a walkthrough on youtube to finish it ..lol ..any fixes for this, such a pain in the arse and what a waste of money. Thanks very much Telltale I just added an example of the gameplay on youtube for those that can help me...thanks very much ...all I can say is I will never purchase another game from telltale..and thanks to youtubers that do full walkthroughs so at least I could get some satisfaction in the end gameplay....a polite fuck you telltale:p

http://youtu.be/2vCntZAwZPA

7 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    What a weird statement. You say you had no issues with the 4 out of 5 episodes, and suddenly it's a waste of money?

    Are you connected to xbox live and do you have the latest Title update installed?

  • @DjNDB said: What a weird statement. You say you had no issues with the 4 out of 5 episodes, and suddenly it's a waste of money?

    Are you connected to xbox live and do you have the latest Title update installed?

    lol well yes...oh sorry I was supposed to be satisfied with an uncomplete game?
    oh let me lick the boots of telltale for allowing me to pay and only play 75% of what I paid for...sheesh..what a maroon you are, but thanks for responding I guess

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    Let's try to be objective and troubleshoot this.
    Are you connected to xbox live?
    If so, did you download Title updates at some point?
    Further, have you tried the disc in a different xbox?

  • @DjNDB said: Let's try to be objective and troubleshoot this.
    Are you connected to xbox live?
    If so, did you download Title updates at some point?
    Further, have you tried the disc in a different xbox?

    Yes, I am connected to xbox live. Well I have downloaded every download prompted by xbox ...I dont own two xbox's so that would be a no...after googling and reading this problem is a telltale issue..and I still feel like this was a waste of my hard earned money regardless what you think..thank you.

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    I don't have an xbox, so i can only make general suggestions based on what i would try on other platforms.

    Does it look the same if you start episode 5 in a new save slot with random choices?

    Have you tried removing every trace of the game (except for the savegames) from your hard disk?

  • @DjNDB said: I don't have an xbox, so i can only make general suggestions based on what i would try on other platforms.

    Does it look the same if you start episode 5 in a new save slot with random choices?

    Have you tried removing every trace of the game (except for the savegames) from your hard disk?

    thank you for your responses. I have finished the game. Do I now care to resolve issues? no. What I plan to do is post on every forum and youtube feed I possibly can on what a flawed version of the game this is. And to hopefully save someone's money. I wish I had found this forum before I purchased the game it would have saved me a great deal of frustration. Telltale should step up and offer it's customers some sort of concession to apologize for their blunder. Quality assurance and all that "crap" :rolleyes:

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    If you have seen any other threads with the same issue, please post them here.
    I haven't heard of it before, except on PCs with bad low tech graphics chips, but i might have missed the threads because i don't follow xbox stuff much.

Add Comment