User Avatar Image

What do you listen to?

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Music that is. What are your favourite bands/artists?

Some of my favourites are

undeoath
mewithoutyou
Haste The Day
Project 86
Demon Hunter
He Is Legend
Showbread
The Chariot
Norma Jean

Some more mainstream ones are

Billy Talent
Powerman 5000
MxPx
alexisonfire
Matisyahu

etc!!!
http://www.last.fm/user/xchri5x/

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote]I don't like all jazz, though. A lot of it just confuses me and sounds like noise.[/quote]

That's how I feel about rap music, actually. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Strange, my problem with a lot of rap is that it sounds too orderly. It's not very heavy on feedback and general sort of dissonance at least.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I listen to the black mages, it´s a final fantasy cover band, they convert the final fantasy music to some symphony-rock - style.

• i just realized hierohero is my hero.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Music: my biggest passion. I mostly hear Rock in some of it's varied forms. My favourite bands would be:

Tool
    Led Zeppelin
    Pearl Jam
    King Crimson
    Radiohead
    The Beatles
    Soundgarden
    Jimi Hendrix
    Smashing Pumpkins

• Mainly metal.

Favourite band: Pantera.

A few others:
    Slayer
    (old) Metallica
    Megadeth
    Cancer
    Death
    Down

Something more traditional:
    Black Sabbath
    AC/DC
    Iron Maiden

• Me? I guess I don't really have a favourite type of music. Although I find rap music to be quite dull. Some of the bands/musicians I've listened to lately:

- Poets of the Fall <-- (Not as emo as it sounds if you don't know who they are!)
    - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    - America
    - Eric Clapton
    - The Rolling Stones
    - The Who
    - Origa
    - Sonny Rhodes
    - The Black Mages <-- (Woo! You and me both Obinoobie!)
    - The Music from Beyond Good and Evil <-- (Game Soundtracks are often oddly catchy)

Okay, so it appears the music I listen to is either much older than I am or unlikely to be played on any of my local radio stations :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Sun Ra
    Beck
    Dabrye
    The Strokes
    The Go! Team
    Four Tet
    Prefuse 73
    Roots Manuva
    Kool Keith
    OutKast
    Spank Rock

[quote]I have a tendency to enjoy movie soundtracks. I just recieved the soundtrack to "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" for my birthday and it is fabulous![/quote]

Absolutely. The soundtrack to Amelie is fantastic as well.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I'm a man of many preferences when it comes to music, currently the music frequenting on my playlist is:

Air
    Compilation of songs called 'The Blues Album'
    Paris
    various Mexican, or Incan music
    The always magnificent Ennio Morricone
    Chris Rea
    Sting

I, too, listen to a lot of movie soundtracks - here are a couple of my current (non-Morricone) favorites:

Crash
    Unbreakablen
    Kill Bill (vol. 1 over vol 2)

EDIT:
    Oh, and there's a great radio station ( Radio Helsinki ) which I listen to a lot - there's tons of great unknown artists I've picked up thanks to it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

It never ceases to amaze me how separated my tastes are from my peers. I haven't really had an opportunity to get into music much, mostly because all my free money goes to gaming, but I really dig what little I can get my hands on. Though I only get what I can hear on the radio (and on one or two occasions, artists that my parents like), the artists I really dig are (in no particular order):

Sarah McLachlan
    Norah Jones
    Kris Kristofferson
    John Mayer
    Clay Aiken
    The Barenaked Ladies

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Dunno why I seem to be wired so differently. :-/

Add Comment