User Avatar Image

For those who chose Doug over Carley. Explain why.

posted by Abecedario on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

Well, it seems we are a small % of people who actually decided to help Doug instead of Carley. I mainly decided not to save her because she seemed to be the only one who knew about Lee being a murderer so I considered her a threat, I know many people decided to save her because she was "hot", but come on guys, she confessed she was in love with doug.

It seems I may have missed a nice character but Doug ended up being a really cool guy.

"Wait. I know you know everything about this flashlight, I mean if you know anything about how it got broken"

I am sure a similar thread has been created before, but come on, what else are we supposed to talk about while we wait? :D

128 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CarScar said: What I don't understand is why is it so strange that people saved Carley because, yah know, she actually had screen time. Doug had like two minutes of screen time.

Also I know Carley could have pistol whipped the zombie, but Doug's the one that put his back to a window that was being attacked by a group of walkers. His back, the most vulnerable part of his body.

Well, Lee, Doug, Carley and Glenn all put their backs against the front door. ;)

Using your back to hold up a fortified window would probably be more efficient than just using your hands, especially if there are several boards with gaps in between. Although it is fairly dangerous, it would also be dangerous if the window broke(since no one would be keeping it up) and 20 zombies came pouring in.

I think Carley should have been on the floor trying to kick away a walker who had grabbed her legs, that would have made her seem more in danger.

• @Mornai said: Well, Lee, Doug, Carley and Glenn all put their backs against the front door. ;)

Difference is that they put their back against a sturdy door, Doug put his back against a swarmed "screwed" window. It's pretty much a death wish, especially considering there's likely to be exposed parts of the window leading to a quick grab.
    Using your back to hold up a fortified window would probably be more efficient than just using your hands, especially if there are several boards with gaps in between. Although it is fairly dangerous, it would also be dangerous if the window broke(since no one would be keeping it up) and 20 zombies came pouring in.
    Doug got grabbed before he could fortify anything.

"That window is screwed!"
    "Go!"
    *8 seconds later*
    "Ah! Help Lee!!"

I think Carley should have been on the floor trying to kick away a walker who had grabbed her legs, that would have made her seem more in danger.

I guess, I think she was panicking. I mean, who wouldn't I guess? Walker got your ankle, you have no ammo and there's a lot of other walkers comin' your way.

The thing is, even in their death scenes Carley was more impressive in my opinion. She's over there killing multiple walkers with ease while Doug attempts to fortify an already screwed window for like a couple of seconds. Carley's death is a lot more gruesome as well, in my opinion. I might just be extremely biased though, I guess. I just don't see Doug as an appealing choice, and I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

• I like how when one dies, the other always almost pukes.

Nice little realistic touch, Telltale fluit.gif

• @DanJ555 said: I chose Carley because she had a gun and I was hoping that she'd help me save Doug. She's also a female, so she got what Lee wants...

DAT PUSS

LEE IS GETTING DAT PUSS TONIGHT
    LEE IS GETTING DAT PUSS TONIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfajoJ2-nL4

• I decided to save Carley because I trust her, the game is based on other character's actions and what you think of them. I trusted Carley and plus, she has a great trigger finger. Also she's the only one Lee can really talk to and I grew fond of her character development up until Lily shot her.

I was fond of Doug though but not as much as I was of Carley, they both would have been essential to the group but I definitely would have picked Carley over Doug any day.

~Bloss

• I didn't trust Carley but Trusted Doug because he was just kind awesome and useful

Remember Lilly shoots Carley, and Lilly accidentally shoots Doug
    that partly shows my understanding...
    Also no one may know Lee's secret and live...

• @Abecedario said: I know many people decided to save her because she was "hot", but come on guys.

Speaking as a straight girl who picked Carley without a thought, I really don't think that is the main reason!

I picked her because she has a gun knows how to use it! A trait you don't see in women on the walking dead very often plus she was just a awesome character and she clicked with Lee right away and even though she liked Doug, I had feeling something could happen there.. shame she got shot in episode 3 :(

• I saved Carly in the first playthrough because I thought she would be able to shoot the walker on her as I ran to help Doug and figured maybe she would be able to shoot a few in the head as well to help him. I guessed wrong....my initial thought was to save Doug as he seemed to be in a worse situation then Carly who had a walker at her feet.

• @PinkxAngel said: Speaking as a straight girl who picked Carley without a thought, I really don't think that is the main reason!

I picked her because she has a gun knows how to use it! A trait you don't see in women on the walking dead very often plus she was just a awesome character and she clicked with Lee right away and even though she liked Doug, I had feeling something could happen there.. shame she got shot in episode 3 :(

I agree there.

Btw ooooh straight girl ;) lol jk, see what I did there? xD I liked Carley because she and Lee bond and she is good with a gun, not to mention she willingly volunteers to go save Glenn and saves your life and others many times. I can't deny that I also wanted to see her and Lee get into a relationship :3 It wasn't really because she was a girl or had a nice rack though, just looked like a better choice, and I was happy by the results.

• i Choose Doug cause he's smart. Carley was not really that useful other than being able to handle a gun, which can be taught to Doug. Being smart, rebuilding the fence with extra modifications is not something Carley would have learned. I just saw him to be more useful overall with his intelligence over Carley and i think many picked her "only" cause she was a girl and wanted to get into her pants.

I was thinking for everybodys survival. Then Doug is the obvious choice imo.

Add Comment