User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 192.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The copy of Gabriel Knight corruptbiggins sent me still hasn't arrived after weeks. I'm starting to wonder if it was stolen or lost en route.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@DAISHI said: Superman's Theme Song from All Star Superman is perhaps one of the greatest hero themes ever created, not for a cartoon, but straight up.

I'm still partial to the Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman theme.

• Doomsday was my favorite Superman theme.

• @Secret Fawful said: The copy of Gabriel Knight corruptbiggins sent me still hasn't arrived after weeks. I'm starting to wonder if it was stolen or lost en route.

I'm wondering that myself. I know MusicallyInspired got his games and that was nearly 2 weeks ago and it's been 4 weeks since I posted them all. I'm sure I filled out the custom form OK and correctly addressed it, including return address.

Just been doing a bit of searching and it seems that there are a lot of reports of delays with packages to the USA. It looks like more of them are getting shipped via surface mail (ships) instead of air mail, especially the ones with cheaper postage! That could take 8 weeks to get to the destination.

From what I've found the reason for all this is a bomb got through the airmail system (but was found before it did any damage) around Christmas time and so airmail stuff was diverted to surface mail until security was increased and that probably took at least a month. If not then it's the increased security that has caused the delay.

All I can say is that I'm sure it'll get to you, I just don't know when.

• @corruptbiggins said: I'm wondering that myself. I know MusicallyInspired got his games and that was nearly 2 weeks ago and it's been 4 weeks since I posted them all. I'm sure I filled out the custom form OK and correctly addressed it, including return address.

Just been doing a bit of searching and it seems that there are a lot of reports of delays with packages to the USA. It looks like more of them are getting shipped via surface mail (ships) instead of air mail, especially the ones with cheaper postage! That could take 8 weeks to get to the destination.

From what I've found the reason for all this is a bomb got through the airmail system (but was found before it did any damage) around Christmas time and so airmail stuff was diverted to surface mail until security was increased and that probably took at least a month. If not then it's the increased security that has caused the delay.

All I can say is that I'm sure it'll get to you, I just don't know when.

That put my mind at ease. Thanks. As long as it wasn't lost or stolen, waiting is no problem at all.

• You don't have a tracking number for the package?

• @Rather Dashing said: Yeah....I gotta disagree. I don't think there was anything about that All-Star cartoon that I liked, though I've never liked All-Star in the comics either. The theme for All-Star felt, to me, like a far less distinctive version of the Williams theme.

Are we talking about the same songs? I'm completely cool with you disagreeing, I know a lot of people didn't like the All Star Approach (at all).

But John Williams did this

The Superman Theme
    http://youtu.be/5Mba8oZnI00

(Also, I LOVE the Planet Krypton theme)
    http://youtu.be/C-vz4Gdtrvc

Which also leads to one of my favorite trailers of all time, the Smallville trailer for the finale
    http://youtu.be/NrLxE-K05bI

Okay so that's John William's majestic stuff, which I absolutely love, being a Superman nut but also a lover of good music.

But All Star Superman's theme to me is just majestic to me
    http://youtu.be/EphFQelYhp8

I know plenty didn't like it so it's not some baffling unheard of objection, but I sure did, hah.

• @Chyron8472 said: You don't have a tracking number for the package?

No because I went for the cheapest postage option for an airmail packae. To get full tracking would have cost me twice as much. Maybe in retrospect I should have gone for the more expensive option but I can't do anything about that now.

• I guess my hopes for a truly great modern Alien game will be forever dashed. After the very mediocre releases of AvP and Colonial Marines, it appears the message is "you don't even have to try anymore, people will buy it". I believe it's currently the best selling game of the year(pretty much saw that coming as the pre-order it's self was top of the Steam charts for a while). Although we'll see what this Crysis game has to say about that(not much likely, Dead Space 3 and DMC didn't). So while there will definitely be more Alien games(Creative Assembly is working on one now), I'm not expecting much at all.

I do enjoy the game, just don't play the console versions... or alone with the AI... or... you know what? Just put it on Recruit or Soldier and go around Jimmy C. Rambo style because that's about all it's worth.

This discussion has been closed.