User Avatar Image

Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

posted by Tricky_bluefox on - last edited - Viewed by 24.1K users

I'm addicted to it I need it and it's awesome so after I'm done playing the devils playhouse ten more times when can I expect to pre order season 4

439 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Season 4 should be about agent Superball. Just who is Superball and who does he work for.

• I really want to know what Max did with the noose collection. What was the surprise he talked about? (Just kidding)

• I'm replaying S+M after some time on the shelf... with all the dialog branches it has a lot of reply value if you ar eno longer worried you'll screw up the game. (not that afaik there is any way to actually screw up a TTG game - i.e. make it "unwinable")

305 wrapped everything up nicely. It's the end of the series with no cliffhangers left (well not major ones anyway... Sibyl's baby and superball's employers are really all that's left to explain...) My best hope is that they'll do a 10-year anniversary special and release a new game/season then. But, as somone above said, I think they retired the series to shift to more serious games. S+M was great for getting TTG known, now that they're popular enough to get big-name titles, I suspect this will be relegated to the back of the proverbial shelf much like "HtR2" was...

• Sam and Max is still the best thing they have ever done
    Now they have the Time Machine back I want More Chariot of the Dogs styled season
    It was my Favourite episode so far so I just want more of it
    Also Sam and Max hasn't been put in Classics yet so we still have a chance...

• @Soeroah said: They've done time travel. I'd be interested in a dimension-hopping storyline, perhaps where they meet alternate Sams and Maxes in various worlds. Such as one where America never got industrialised. I guess it's kinda similar to time travel but my thoughts are mainly Sam and Max universes where technology or culture went in different ways, so each universe is basically them in what would normally be a different time period, but without time travel.

If that makes sense.

I would, frankly, absolutely love to see something like this, to be honest. It could REALLY get crazy and fun with these alternate universes/timelines -- as crazy as they got in Season 3, at the very least.

• @Soeroah said: They've done time travel. I'd be interested in a dimension-hopping storyline, perhaps where they meet alternate Sams and Maxes in various worlds. Such as one where America never got industrialised. I guess it's kinda similar to time travel but my thoughts are mainly Sam and Max universes where technology or culture went in different ways, so each universe is basically them in what would normally be a different time period, but without time travel.

If that makes sense.

I take it this suggestion was heavily influenced by Back to the Future, yes? If not, I'm sure you see the similarities now and realise Telltale would be at risk of copying itself, even incestuous plagiarism.

• @tbm1986 said: I take it this suggestion was heavily influenced by Back to the Future, yes? If not, I'm sure you see the similarities now and realise Telltale would be at risk of copying itself, even incestuous plagiarism.

Well, they can get a great deal crazier with Sam & Max, besides the alternate dimensions and universe actually existing in Sam & Max canon. There are no roach people or Rubber Pants Commandos in BTTF.

• @Plisken said: Well, they can get a great deal crazier with Sam & Max, besides the alternate dimensions and universe actually existing in Sam & Max canon. There are no roach people or Rubber Pants Commandos in BTTF.

Or elves. Or talking anthropomorphous animals. Too many pesky rules. Sure, many of the reactions of the freelance detectives write themselves but they don't need to avoid themselves or think about consequences. Ok, fine, I like this idea, after all...

• It's really a shame they don't have a S&M game planned for the next two years. I just couldn't connect with any of the Walking Dead characters. I've stopped watching the TV series too.

I've had about all the human drama I can tolerate. I'm starting to get nostalgic for super cartoony anthropomorphic characters, mostly of the Nintendo & Naughty Dog variety, but Sam & Max will always be my favorite.

• Are we there yet?, Are we there yet ?, now it has been awhile.

JUst hope they dont fall into the trap of doing what sells the most.

Because more Sam & Max is what i want. With some good engine enhancement, more living and dynamic world, having the people in the world actually moving around and such.

Add Comment