User Avatar Image

TT's King's Quest: R.I.P. (aka Really Improbable Project)

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

I've heard that they have problems with the Activision's rights. Any TT official news or reference about the game (aside this forum thread) was deleted. They had a placeholder website similar to the Fable one, and it's not available anymore.
The last statement about it was "The genre doesn't need us anymore".
No official comments on the forum aside Mods, the last one being one year old.

So.....
Telltale's King's Quest R.I.P.?
:(

279 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey, I'd go for a KQ holywood movie if that was what Activision decided to give us! Even if video games to film generally suck...

• @BagginsKQ said: Once you look into the abyss you go insane (or you meet Lucreto, but whatever)!

It's certainly enough to drive Blackthorne to binge drinking....

Drive me? Buddy, I'm already there! SEE WHAT YOU PEOPLE DO TO ME?

DriveBtToDrink.jpg

Bt

• You all should check out this thread (see link below) in the General Chat section. It has some excellent, very thoughtful, insightful posts about TellTale Games' apparent movement away from puzzle-based adventures and toward interactive movies with less freedom for the player to explore:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44212

• Yeah. Those people have been saying what a lot of us in here have been saying for a long time. This is old hat to us.

Bt

• @Blackthorne519 said: Yeah. Those people have been saying what a lot of us in here have been saying for a long time. This is old hat to us.

Bt

That's nice, but you aren't the only ones reading this forum.

Anyway, after reading through that thread, my guess as to the likelihood that the Telltale KQ will happen went from 20% to 2%. It's not happening. And I wouldn't even want Telltale to have any involvement with a new KQ. Another developer would be better suited, anyway.

• I know, but we're the only ones talking in here. It's like running into McDonalds and yelling "YOU'RE ALL EATING GREASY BURGERS!!!"

We know. We know.

Bt

• Sorry, I may have read something into your message that wasn't there. I just thought the original poster in that other thread had written a very worthwhile post, so to get a response that sounded like, "yeah, yeah, we've all heard that stuff before and it is getting really old," rubbed me the wrong way and made me wonder why you were presuming to speak for everyone. These message boards are for discussing King's Quest and adventure games, after all. But it's no biggie.

I think that Lambonius guy was right all along about the telltale games KQ.

• User Avatar Image
    exo

MtnPeak - you are going through the same journey we all went through. You found out about the game, you got excited, you figured any game is better than no game, and then you came here.

Over time, the lack of information, the companies releases and movement away from adventure style, and other various inputs lead to a sense of being a bit jaded.

And eventually you just figure, 'Kill it. Kill it with fire.'.

Then one day you'll be commiserating with the rest of us, and a new bright eyed bushy tailed fellow will appear and tell us all we have no idea what we are talking about, and TT's KQ games is gonna be AMAZING. They will start topics that have already been started, link to news that has already been discussed, and wonder why everyone else acts like an assbag.

It seems your journey is nearing it's end. Welcome to the table of jaded jackasses.

• In other words... don't think, don't develop individual thought, don't have an original view or opinion, conform! Join the masses...

They-Live-Obey-Consume-Beer-T-Shirt-sq.g

• He looks an awful lot like the Head of the Navigator...

This discussion has been closed.