User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 40.5K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: Hrgh. HRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH. Do want.

    Just to rub it in, here's a comparison video.

    ...OK, so there's not all THAT much difference. Shut up.

  • Hi Hayden,
    Last thing I bought was "The Kid With a Bike Available" DVD. Love the movie and like to recommend others to see this movie also. It was a treat to watch this movie.

  • @Darth Marsden said: Just to rub it in, here's a comparison video.

    ...OK, so there's not all THAT much difference. Shut up.

    Yeah, it looks like the major difference is in the brightness and contrast.

    I think I'll pass.

  • It doesn't really upscale the video or anything, if that what you're thinking. All it really does it let you use an HDMI cable instead of the standard Scart one. The slight difference in picture quality isn't meant to be huge.

  • spotlight_image_english.png

    Thanks to Marsden.

    @Darth Marsden said: It doesn't really upscale the video or anything, if that what you're thinking. All it really does it let you use an HDMI cable instead of the standard Scart one. The slight difference in picture quality isn't meant to be huge.


    I have component cables for my Wii. In fact, I was so insistent that my brother-in-law not use composite for his family's Wii that I actually went out and bought one for them when he voiced his indifference.

    Composite sucks. Yes. I even insist on using S-Video cables for my SNES (there are no readily-available-to-buy component cables for SNES/N64/GameCube).

  • I bought Mass Effect 3 including all the DLCs. Now I just have to hope my computer runs it, otherwise it was some bad spending.
    Also, I bought a Yoshi plush for my daughter. Okay, and a little for myself....

    Oh and I bought System Shock 2 from GoG ofcourse. I did have the original game, somewhere, but that won't run anymore. This is a great opportunity to replay one of my favorite games ever made.

  • @JordyLicht said: I bought Mass Effect 3 including all the DLCs. Now I just have to hope my computer runs it, otherwise it was some bad spending.

    Don't even think about it. That was bad spending even if it runs.

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    @der_ketzer said: Don't even think about it. That was bad spending even if it runs.

    *sigh*

    I pretty much wiped every DRM-related game from my hard disc yesterday (among them Bastion, which required that I reinstall that god damn gamestop app again). The one last thing remaining is ME3, which would allow me to deinstall the godforsaken Origin shit as well.

    ...I'm hesitating. The reinstallation would be a massive hassle. In-game downloads are the shits, because I can't save that data on my portable hard disc. I REALLY wish they'd give up that crap and have download packages like before. Ah well, EA is heading in completely the wrong direction and has been for quite some time, my only hope is that at least Telltale has seen with TWD what they are doing to their customers.

  • @der_ketzer said: Don't even think about it. That was bad spending even if it runs.

    Really? It can't be that bad... I loved parts 1 and 2. I already heard about the shit ending of part 3, so the director's cut has already been installed.

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    @JordyLicht said: Really? It can't be that bad... I loved parts 1 and 2. I already heard about the shit ending of part 3, so the director's cut has already been installed.

    Must... resist... temptation... to... ramble...

    TL;DW: Director's cut = Same bad ending + 1 equally unsatisfying additional ending + some lackluster screenshot stills before the credits + 1 additional huge plot hole.

    Nonetheless: You'll have a nice experience, and if you're really really prepared for ludicrous deus ex machina crap at the ending, it could even be GOOD. I shed a tear once...

Add Comment