User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 130.3K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "Oh, I can't take all these metaphors!"

• This swift key software is pretty neat!
    I'm actually sweeping this message right now, and for the most part it works pretty well! :-)
    Indeed swift key's flow is an interesting gimmick.
    And in landscape mode you can also split the keyboard so you can type with both thumbs. (but also have the regular mode as well)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@divisionten said: I think I just broke Rather Dashing. Ooops...

Left handed?! Or was it the other hand?

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Left handed?! Or was it the other hand?

Nope. I told him how to make a Kinder Egg. They're illegal to sell in the USA because of the small parts inside.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Errr... are you talking about these?!

ueberraschungsei-1974.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Errr... are you talking about these?!

ueberraschungsei-1974.jpg

Yup. Illegal t bring into the USA. They're often confiscated at the Canadian/US border. Fear of kids eating the toy in the egg. I loved those things as a kid. Politicians are crazy sometimes.

Here's the whole story. The only reason I got to eat some is that by babysitter was from Germany and she snuck them in.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I looked them up in Wikipeda just before I posted my message, so I'm well informed. :D

That only six children are confirmed to have choked on them in the 35 year history of these eggs is surprising to me. Still, it IS probably some sort of Darwinian art to kill yourself with these... it's damn difficult. ;)

• @Johro said: I guess my hopes for a truly great modern Alien game will be forever dashed. After the very mediocre releases of AvP and Colonial Marines, it appears the message is "you don't even have to try anymore, people will buy it". I believe it's currently the best selling game of the year(pretty much saw that coming as the pre-order it's self was top of the Steam charts for a while). Although we'll see what this Crysis game has to say about that(not much likely, Dead Space 3 and DMC didn't). So while there will definitely be more Alien games(Creative Assembly is working on one now), I'm not expecting much at all.

I do enjoy the game, just don't play the console versions... or alone with the AI... or... you know what? Just put it on Recruit or Soldier and go around Jimmy C. Rambo style because that's about all it's worth.

Gotta love Randy Pitchford's stance that anyone who doesn't agree with the fact he used money for the game on Borderlands 2...Sega's money...should be ignored and is a hater.

• No offense to those kids who choked on these eggs, but you have to be one fuckin gluton to actually be able to choke on a toy inside the egg, considering the container is only barely two times as small as the egg itself.

No, I refuse to believe that's the reason. I'd more believe the "no incentive for eating candy" thing I've heard.

This discussion has been closed.