User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 182.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I grew up with them in Taiwan. I thought they were a Taiwanese thing until I visited Europe and Canada and realized they were a "everywhere but America" thing because of contraband. I was so mad.

• That leads to an interesting dilemma. What would happen in the US, if children started choking on gun ammunition?

• @Iryon said: That leads to an interesting dilemma. What would happen in the US, if children started choking on gun ammunition?

They'd blame violent video games.
    And yes, we had a ton of those when I was a kid. People were collecting the plastic container inside for whatever reason and of course the toys that were inside are still collectors items. Especially when you had one that wasn't as intended.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: They'd blame violent video games.

Nope. THAT is Germany. Supreme Court had a lot of good things to say about video game censorship (Schwarzenegger vs. EMA), while the Bundesverfassungsgericht doesn't really bother.

If children started to choke on ammunition in the US, the FDA would issue a declaration of no objection as rebuttal ("rich in iron and zinc, it is a healthy supplement to a person's diet").

• Got screwed over by my boss, I didn't get the paycheck for my hard work today :mad:

• @Vainamoinen said: Bundesverfassungsgericht

That's a mouthful.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

That's the beauty of the determinative compound, Chyron! :)

While we're in German news... Otfried Preußler died on Monday. I grew up with his stories. He was born on the same day as my grandmother, who is luckily still alive...

Now he can't get the Astrid Lindgren Memorial any more. DAMMIT.

• @divisionten said: The only reason I got to eat some is that by babysitter was from Germany and she snuck them in.

I think there was one or two times when someone in one of my elementary school classes brought in Kinder eggs for everybody. The only toy I remember for sure was the ranger from Yogi Bear, and I thought it was the most awesome thing. And now I realize I have no idea what happened to it.

• It's legal over here. I had loads when I was a kid.

• Didn't know that these were a thing that existed until just now. I feel like I've missed out.

This discussion has been closed.