User Avatar Image

TT's King's Quest: R.I.P. (aka Really Improbable Project)

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I've heard that they have problems with the Activision's rights. Any TT official news or reference about the game (aside this forum thread) was deleted. They had a placeholder website similar to the Fable one, and it's not available anymore.
The last statement about it was "The genre doesn't need us anymore".
No official comments on the forum aside Mods, the last one being one year old.

So.....
Telltale's King's Quest R.I.P.?
:(

279 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's from John Carpenter's film "They Live". Which has the best fight scene ever!

And no, it's not discouraging original thought. It's accepting reality, and saving your original thoughts for something worthy of them.

Bt

• Actually my original thought is to 'I don't care, whatever happens or doesn't happen'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFGTNz6RUZw

I haven't passed into the conformity to, "burn it down, burn it all", to paraphrase Exo.

I tell you many people on this board expend way too much time and energy 'caring', and discussing the wishful 'demise' of the game, and how 'sucky' it will be if it is released. When there are probably are more worthy things in life to put their mind, time and energy to...

I'm glad there isn't alot of 'hype' either...

• You underestimate the power of spare time. Also, that's just like your opinion, man. :p

• @BagginsKQ said: When there are probably are more worthy things in life to put their mind, time and energy to...

You mean like composing endlessly detailed omnipedia sites for old Sierra adventure game series?

• Yep, that's my 'hobby'! I used to put a few minutes to an hour into that each day or minutes or hours over a couple of days! A few hours each week. Some months I do nothing on them. I don't have the free time I used to have to work on those sites!

There is a reason why there are so many 'stubbed' articles! With only basic details.

Real work takes up most of my life, LOL...

In my real 'free time' I like to go hiking and camping and such! Cut off from technology!

• @BagginsKQ said: In my real 'free time' I like to go hiking and camping and such! Cut off from technology!

Blasphemy!!

• You know you like to go on real adventures! ;).

• Well, I care what happens to King's Quest! I will post about it, comment about it, and follow development teams that make new KQ and KQ-like games. That's right, and I don't care what anyone thinks about it. I love KQ and other classic adventure games, and if anyone has a problem with that then they can just kiss my you-know-what.

• THere are different ways...

You can be just a fan, or you can be a fanatic/fanatical, a fanboy/fangirl, a KQ nut, etc...

Think of the difference between a trekker vs. a trekkie, etc...

Just looking at 'fan' one can divide it into three subtypes; addict, adherant, or admirer (i.e. just like something casual fan, the liking something a bit 'too much' in an unhealthy/cultish/religious manner, or something in the middle between a casual basic fan but not quite to the realms of 'crazy zealot')...

Main Entry:

addict

Part of Speech:

noun

Definition:

person who has compulsion toward

Synonyms:

activity, buff, devotee, enthusiast, fan, fanatic, fiend, follower, freak*, habitué, hound, junkie, nut, often injurious aficionado, practitioner, zealot

Notes:

an edict is a formal or authoritative proclamation; an addict is someone who is physiologically dependent on a substance or someone who is a devoted supporter or fan

* = informal/non-formal usage

Main Entry:

adherent

Part of Speech:

noun

Definition:

supporter or follower

Synonyms:

advocate, aficionado, backer, believer, card-carrying member, devotee, disciple, enthusiast, fan, hanger-on

Main Entry:

admirer

Part of Speech:

noun

Definition:

person who holds someone in high regard

Synonyms:

adherent, beau, believer, booster, boyfriend, buff, bug*, cat*, devotee, disciple, enthusiast, fan, fancier, fiend*, follower, freak*, girlfriend, groupie, hound, junkie, lover, nut*, partisan, patron, rooter, suitor, supporter, swain, sweetheart, wooer, worshiper

Antonyms:

critic, enemy, opponent

• The crazier, the more zealous, the better!

This discussion has been closed.