User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 193.7K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Alcoremortis said: Didn't know that these were a thing that existed until just now. I feel like I've missed out.

Kinder Eggs are glorious. You're not in the USA. Go buy some.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I think there was one or two times when someone in one of my elementary school classes brought in Kinder eggs for everybody. The only toy I remember for sure was the ranger from Yogi Bear, and I thought it was the most awesome thing. And now I realize I have no idea what happened to it.

They used to be easy to sneak in the country and many euro markets sold them illegally but recently they've really cracked down and even bringing them into the country from Canada can lead to fines upwards to 6000 dollars.

You know, the real crimes we should fight.

• @divisionten said: Kinder Eggs are glorious. You're not in the USA. Go buy some.

Did California secede?

Actually, if they were banned at the state level, California would be the most likely state to ban them.

• @divisionten said: Kinder Eggs are glorious. You're not in the USA. Go buy some.

If I'm not in the US... where am I? In a cuttlefish?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Alcoremortis said: If I'm not in the US... where am I?

On the Discworld, apparently.

• Just watched Sony's announcement of the PS4.... ehhh?

The console looks great, but the presentation itself was laughably bad. That one guy was talking about the graphics of "Race Club" almost in an orgasmic way. "Breathe in that car!"

• When you get to a certain point in my feed of people I follow on Twitter, it all devolves into devs saying "UNIFIED MEMORY 8GB OMGGGG"

• Personally, I found the hardware "unveiling" flashed more warning signs than signs it should be praised. I specifically loved the part that made it sound like Playstation was so far above the PC.

I never jump on board with a console right away anyway, but so far I'm not too excited here. The streaming seems interesting though.

OMG GDDR5!!! (too obviously sarcastic?). :p

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I thought Alcormortis lived in Canada. I'm an idiot.

• To be honest, I still find the WiiU to be more appealing! XD

(They just didn't really say enough to me to get any kind of appetite going. -_-)

Didn't exactly set the bar very high either, maybe even Microsoft could hop over it.

This discussion has been closed.