User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 91.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Where the hell is Zanzibar Land anyway?

• @coolsome said: Where the hell is Zanzibar Land anyway?

I couldn't tell you. I always hated Geography.
    (Something evil about it...)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Johro said: Personally, I found the hardware "unveiling" flashed more warning signs than signs it should be praised.

Major warning sign: Social platform nonsense all over. A "share" button on the controller?!? Seriously? :mad:

• @Johro said: I specifically loved the part that made it sound like Playstation was so far above the PC.

You completely missed the point of that part of the unveiling. This part of the event was aimed at developers. They were showing that they acknowledged the Cell was a mistake, and have now gone for "PC-like" architecture backed up by a lot of unified memory. If you followed any game devs on twitter(like, actual people, not companies), you'd see that this was a major point because it makes developing for and porting to the PS3 a lot easier. It's a "Supercharged PC" not because it's "that much better than a PC", but because developing for it should be as easy as developing for a PC and the hardware is for now ahead of your usual Wal-Mart off-the-shelf computer.

• @Rather Dashing said: porting to the PS4 a lot easier. It's a "Supercharged PC" not because it's "that much better than a PC", but because developing for it should be as easy as developing for a PC and the hardware is for now ahead of your usual Wal-Mart off-the-shelf computer.

Dude, I watched it at midnight after working 12 hours. Yes, you're right. I still would have liked a more definitive answer on the graphics capabilities as they did with processing.

@Rather Dashing said: Where the hell is Zanzibar Land anyway?

Africa.

@Rather Dashing said: I thought Alcormortis lived in Canada. I'm an idiot.

Nah, but alas, as for regulars, it's just myself, MI, and one other I believe who pops by now and then.

...and yeah, Kinder Surprise Eggs are EVERYWHERE here. We just had like 500 show up at my work yesterday as an Easter push.

• @divisionten said: I thought Alcormortis lived in Canada. I'm an idiot.

I've got relatives who live there, but as for myself, I haven't even visited. And would probably freeze to death if I did.

• @Alcoremortis said: I've got relatives who live there, but as for myself, I haven't even visited. And would probably freeze to death if I did.

The summers are perfect though. It's just the winter... and the fall... and the spring(unless you live in vancouver, but that's not really typical canada as it's right on the boarder and shares topography with seattle, like toronto and detroit).. lol Yeah, it's kind of crappy the rest of the year and I think about moving every February, but then the summer comes and it's just beautiful out.

• ZhEpNaQ.jpg

me chilling with da ladies

• yPl.png

(The package was not filled with anthrax. Thank you so SO much, Corruptbiggins! The condition is great!)

• @Secret Fawful said: yPl.png

(The package was not filled with anthrax. Thank you so SO much, Corruptbiggins! The condition is great!)

:).

This discussion has been closed.