User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 82.2K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

374 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hello internet people! I'm Liam and from the UK.

About me... well I love travelling. It is my passion and what I want to do with my life. I want to explore all the obscure places the planet has to offer.

I've visited the USA, Spain, France, Poland, Cyprus, Japan and Malaysia so far, although this list is sure to expand quite soon :P

My other passion is gaming. I would say I have a respectable collection of retro and modern consoles which I love. My favourite games are The Walking Dead Game (naturally), Journey (can proudly say I have clocked up over 30 full playthroughs at this time) and the Fatal Frame horror series. But I do love so many games it would be impossible to list!

I love my music too. I feel that games would be nothing at all without a top notch soundtrack. I usually pay attention to them more than any other aspect of a game! As such I play the saxophone and more recently the violin. I hope to achieve well in them so I can cover some of my favourite soundtrack pieces :P

Well I'm sure I've rambled enough about myself for now, see you round the forums! :)

• I'm just some guy, but feel free to call me a Good Samaritan. ;)

• Hi I'm Saoralba, and I'm an alcoholic,only kidding,I'm Saoralba, I am a big fan of the Aliens franchise,the walking dead franchise and the guild.

• Hi all, first time I've joined a talk forum like this in a long, long time. I'll be around the Walking Dead Game topics, so don't be afraid to talk to me.

• @RichWalk23 said: I'll be around the Walking Dead Game topics, so don't be afraid to talk to me.

Something doesn't make sense here...

• Hi. I'm Lavender Frostflower, but you can just call me Lav. I was very recently introduced to the Monkey Island games and I loved them so much I decided to come over here and see if anyone was still talking about them. I have been a gamer for most of my fairly short life, and I'm particularly fond of Blizzard and Valve. Now, to make up for my probable awkwardness, Have a dancing Winslow. :winslow:

• Hello sexy people! Let's be honest; there's no other kind of people on the Telltale forums.

I'm Zach. I'm here to annoy you all. Well, and to make friends. And to talk with some Sam & Max and Monkey Island fans around here, for once. I'm a fledgling author. Hope to see you guys around and makes some new friends!

• @Plisken said: Hello sexy people! Let's be honest; there's no other kind of people on the Telltale forums.

I'm Zach. I'm here to annoy you all. Well, and to make friends. And to talk with some Sam & Max and Monkey Island fans around here, for once. I'm a fledgling author. Hope to see you guys around and makes some new friends!

Welcome! Fire Exits are located here, here and here.

Also, there are plenty of budding authors on this site. Give this thread a read.

Hope to see you around!

• @Friar said: Welcome! Fire Exits are located here, here and here.

Also, there are plenty of budding authors on this site. Give this thread a read.

Hope to see you around!

Thanks, man! Likewise!

• Greetings to one and all, I'm the IllusiveBroker. I myself was a Telltale fan from when they introduced the Wallace and Gromit game series. I know what you're probably thinking is that it's a strange way to get into these games with that title. But to be honest I actually enjoyed them, it might be because I'm British and love Wallace and Gromit but it may be other things too.

To be honest though, my true love for Telltale games came from the Walking Dead. I never expected that such a series could do so much, it's a story driven game which is an aspect which I do love so very much. The gameplay is unique to a certain degree, but again it's the story which got me hooked. I never got so attached to any video game characters as much as I did for Clementine and Lee. There have been close ones considering my love for the Mass Effect series, but I give my dues to The Walking Dead for doing the same.

I hope you all come to accept me in this community we have here, as I hope to get along and socialize with you all.

Add Comment