User Avatar Image

Choices you changed on a replay

posted by zjs on - last edited - Viewed by 373 users

So, as the title says.

Which choices did you make the first time around that you later changed on your second or third play through of the game?

-

My example would probably be handing out the food in the motel during episode II.

First time around:

First to receive food was Clem, for obvious reasons

Next was Ducky, because, as much as I wasn't a huge fan, he was still just a kid and I thought it'd win Kenny's approval (it did)

After this, I fed Carley, as I liked her

Finally, I decided to feed Larry. This wasn't out of any sense of liking him so much as it was keeping my enemies close. Mark didn't seem best pleased (he was standing right next to him). The game rewarded me with a 'you made a difficult decision'. I thought it would win Lily's approval, but it didn't seem to.

Mark received nothing as, although he complained the most and was introduced a little earlier, I had no idea who he was. Same with Ben. Kenny and Katjaa would understand me giving food to the kids, I felt, and thus would be OK without being fed.

Next time around:

Once again, Clem and Duck will be first.

After this will be Kenny. This is simply because I knew he'll be sticking around for a long time, and has a tendency to remember everything.

Finally will be Ben as, once again, I know he's in it for the long haul.

I'll be interested in seeing how people react to me feeding the newcomer before them.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • On my first playthrough I fed Clem, Duck, Kenny, and Ben in that order. Clem and Duck were kids, Kenny was my bro, and I struggled with the last piece for a good few minutes. I finally decided to give it to Ben because he was an unknown, and I felt he'd be with us for awhile. I thought of it as kind of like "Hey, you're new and all, but we aren't all like Lilly was. We're good people, and we'll take care of you if you stick around."

Of course, the events of Episodes 3 and 4 made me think I should have given that cheese and crackers to someone else. Possibly myself.

• First playthrought: Clem,Duck,Mark,Lee

Second playthrought: Clem,Duck,Mark,Carley

• User Avatar Image
    zjs

To clarify, it can be other scenes as well. That was just my example.

• My first playthrough I tried to save Larry. Next playthroughs, though, I dropped it on his head on purpose. First playthrough I let Lilly back in RV, but next two I left her butt on the side the road. First playthrough I threatened Ben, afterwards I became more friendly since I knew his intentions. First playthrough I killed Danny, but replayed it to not make Clem upset :D. First playthrough I threatened to kill him if he came between me and Clementine, but rewound it to just stay silent, and therefore not piss him off. In my playthroughs I made multiple endings as to Lee's fate just in case there is something involving him later on or that impacts Clem's later descisions.

• To be honest, I did the same thing both times.

Granted, I only replayed because a bug ate my saves so I had to replay 1-4 again before playing 5.

• @zjs said: To clarify, it can be other scenes as well. That was just my example.

Too late.

I've feed everything to everyone on multiple playthroughs and I've come to the conclusion that apples are apparently the best thing ever invented. I mean, I like apples too and I understand that fresh fruit carries a lot of nourishment, but no one gives a shit about the beef jerky? People need protein as well and I figured someone like Larry or Kenny might prefer that to an apple.

But nope, everyone wants the damn apple. Everyone but Lilly and Kenny say something different if you give them the damn apple. Carley and Doug won't accept anything else even. Ben looks like you just told him Santa has come when you give him the apple. :confused:

That aside, I let Lilly back in the R.V. on my first playthrough and now generally always leave her behind and tell the Stranger she deserved it on replays. I also fed her on my first play through too and I regret that as well, so now I make sure to call her asshole in Macon on replays.

I also flip flop a lot on killing the Stranger. I couldn't bring myself to kill him the first time, now it's just seems to depend on my mood. I mean part of me does still feel sorry for him. Lost everything, was a alone and starving in the woods, went crazy and fixated on Clementine, a lot like Jolene. So sometimes I just sympathize with him.

But other times, it's really satisfying to be a cold blooded mother fucker as well. Shrug of his hypocritical bullshit and call him a fuck up. I can't protect anyone? You lost your whole family, and I didn't have shit to do with your son going missing. Then choke him to death while yelling "You think I killed your family? Then maybe I should finish the job and put you out of your misery you worthless little shit!"

Like I said, I love replaying this game.

• @DreadMagus said: To be honest, I did the same thing both times.

Granted, I only replayed because a bug ate my saves so I had to replay 1-4 again before playing 5.

Happened to me twice :/

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Too late.

I've feed everything to everyone on multiple playthroughs and I've come to the conclusion that apples are apparently the best thing ever invented. I mean like apples too and I understand that fresh fruit carries a lot of nourishment, but no one gives a shit about the beef jerky? People need protein as well and I figured someone like Larry or Kenny might prefer that to an apple.

But nope, everyone wants the damn apple. Everyone but Lilly and Kenny say something different if you give them the damn apple. Carley and Doug won't accept anything else even. Ben looks like you just told him Santa has come when you give him the apple. :confused:

That aside, I let Lilly back in the R.V. on my first playthrough and now generally always leave her behind and tell the Stranger she deserved it on replays. I also fed her on my first play through too and I regret that as well, so now I make sure to call her asshole in Macon on replays.

I also flip flop a lot on killing the Stranger. I couldn't bring myself to kill him the first time, now it's just seems to depend on my mood. I mean part of me does still feel sorry for him. Lost everything, was a alone and starving in the woods, went crazy and fixated on Clementine, a lot like Jolene. So sometimes I just sympathize with him.

But other times, it's really satisfying to be a cold blooded mother fucker as well. Shrug of his hypocritical bullshit and call him a fuck up. I can't protect anyone? You lost your whole family, and I didn't have shit to do with your son going missing. Then choke him to death while yelling "You think I killed your family? Then maybe I should finish the job and put you out of your misery you worthless little shit!"

Like I said, I love replaying this game.

Same, I've made almost all decisions possible that I thought Lee would make.
    And yeah, I really developed a grudge against Lilly xD. Do you hate Kenny too?

• @Mark$man said: Happened to me twice :/

Ouch. :(

• 1st play: killed many people, dropped ben, in last scene I had her shooting me, never did that again...
    2nd play: thought: "Nah, you don't wanna teach Clem killing is ok, you'll play as much of a saint as possible." So killed nobody I didn't have to, pulled ben up.
    3rd play: thought: "Ok, showing Clem that killing is bad - is good, but: I also need to show her, that survival takes tough decisions." killed some people, pulled ben up

Add Comment