User Avatar Image

How to NOT bring Omid and Christa with you

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

So how do you get them to not insist on coming with you? I've heard if you hide the bite then they won't, but doesn't sound like it's the only choice that matters, but I can't really think of another time that would help or not help them supporting you. I guess right at the start you can agree that Omid needs a rest, and later on that you need to make sure Omid gets his meds, but none of those seem like major choices.

Anyway what I'm looking for is what choices/dialogue options did the people who didn't have them insist on joining you make?

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jake said: Assuming they don't know you're bit... I think if you save Christa on the train but leave Omid behind, she will be less inclined to go with you, which convinces Omid. If Clementine goes to Crawford with you, she's not there to save Omid's life which changes his opinion and therefore Christa's. I don't know if other factors are in play, too, but those are two I'm aware of.

Bringing Clementine actually helps, because Christa thinks it a better idea to be by Lee's side. And I have done both combinations of grabbing Omid or Christa first, they really don't seem to care past ep 3.

And might I just say woop woop, telltale member^

• @Yertos said: That's what I've figured for awhile, but from what Jake said above and other previous hints other developers have said, it seemed like the "Show or Hide" choice wasn't 100% the only choice that mattered here. Oh well, I really wanted to see if they'd refuse to go knowing Lee was bit :P

I think one of the only ways of going alone would be hiding your bite. I can't think of any other way than being a complete dick to them, something they don't completely deserve. They live longer than you, so treat them nicely lol

• @Jaded X Gamer said: I think if you reveal the bite, they come no matter what. I did a lot of what you did but offered to carry Omid, and they let me go without them since they didn't know I was bitten. Christa even says in the attic she would have come if she knew Lee was bitten, so I don't think you can get rid of them if they know about the bite. :p

That's right. They will always go with you if you reveal bite, and not revealing it causes unnecessary stress.

They say "We are all responsible for Clementine, and in your condition, who knows if you'll make it to her in time. We'll get her, no matter what Lee" or something along those lines, meaning you can't sway them.

• @Mark$man said: That's right. They will always go with you if you reveal bite, and not revealing it causes unnecessary stress.

They say "We are all responsible for Clementine, and in your condition, who knows if you'll make it to her in time. We'll get her, no matter what Lee" or something along those lines, meaning you can't sway them.

"This is something i have to do alone."
    "Lee, we're a team. This is how we've made it this far. We're not going to just abandon you."
    "Damn right."

Sometimes i wonder if i should be ashamed that i know most of the game's lines by heart.

• @Mornai said: "This is something i have to do alone."
    "Lee, we're a team. This is how we've made it this far. We're not going to just abandon you."
    "Damn right."

Sometimes i wonder if i should be ashamed that i know most of the game's lines by heart.

No man, not at all. They're great lines.

• @Mornai said: "This is something i have to do alone."
    "Damn right."

No, you shouldn't be. The game is that awesome.

• @aerial-ballet said: No man, not at all. They're great lines.

And there's so many of them!

I recently stumbled upon this exchange after you tell Andy St. John nobody fucks with you and then talk to Mark.

Mark: So what's your read on Andy so far? You think they'd be open to letting us stay?
    Lee: I may have turned him off when talking up our guns.
    Mark: Shit. Well... do something to turn him on again.
    Lee: O_O
    Mark: You know what I mean.

• I found pushing omid off the bridge and not helping either one of them on the train really pisses them off. Dont show bite after that. Worked for me.I never liked them.I hope Omid and Christa die in the DLC.

• I'm not sure, but Christa and Omid only go for Clementine if your an aresehole to them :)

• "You jus' had to go snoop'n around, didn ya!"

brenda bug got that line emprinted in my memory

"i told you not to come any closer! i told you!"

Add Comment