User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 142K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @coolsome said: I bought the PS3 solely for Metal Gear Solid 4. If Metal Gear Solid is a PS4 exclusive il need to buy one for it again.

that is just sooo against my nature to spend so much money just for 1 game, i need value for money even for luxury items, the idea of buying a console just for one game seems crazy to me, i really wanted to have little big planet and uncharted but i wasn't gonna buy another console just for them, and i wanted scribblenauts but i didn't want to buy a DS just for that (luckily it is on pc now) that is why i like the pc it is the best value entertainment system there is, especially considering most people want some kind of PC anyway.

• The only reason I've used a PS3 is because my friend got one free with a mobile phone contract upgrade and as he lives here I get to use it as much as I want. And what we mainly use it for is watching Blu Ray films and streaming my TV library from my PC. Only actually own three games - Metal Gear Solid 4 (played only for a couple of hours), Gran Turismo 5 (played a lot when first got it but haven't touch it for ages) and Little Big Planet (good for short distractions). These three games are pretty much what I wanted the console for but would never have bought it just for them and if my friend hadn't got it for free then we wouldn't have one.

I used to do most of my gaming on the 360 since I got it 5 years or so ago but at least for the last year I've rarely used it compared to PC gaming. Right now I have little to no interest in getting a new console, especially when I don't have that kind of money to spare. But I imagine if I did have a good amount of disposable income I'd look to a new console, but my first instinct would be to whatever Microsoft bring, and that is as a fairly recent convert (loved PlayStation 1 & 2 and hated the original Xbox - the 360 converted me).

Console exclusivity in games is just annoying as there is no one system on which you can play every game. Even two will miss some out. And I don't like some of the things that are being talked about, like the lack of (or at least limited) backwards compatibility and the whole pre-owned games issue. Nor do I care about increased social functions, but then I don't like multiplayer games either really.

I think I've rambled on enough for now, not sure what points I'm trying to make. Just speaking/typing my mind.

• @corruptbiggins said: Metal Gear Solid 4 (played only for a couple of hours),

You only watched the first cut-scene?

• @Vainamoinen said: as I've got exceptional resistance against the cold (while heat is my kryptonite...).

And now I know the weakness of one who holds the power of a mod.
    Man could I do devilish things now if I was evil ...

• @coolsome said: You only watched the first cut-scene?

I saw the first cutscene. Is there ANY notable gameplay in this title. I might have blinked and missed it.

• Metal Gear Solid 3 was waaay better but I still liked 4.

• @coolsome said: Metal Gear Solid 3 was waaay better but I still liked 4.

I noticed that you replied but didn't answer the question.:D

• @der_ketzer said: I noticed that you replied but didn't answer the question.:D

Well...the Gekkos where good insted of just guard drones and octo camo was a great upgrade to the camo index from 3. But yh I don't remeber that much of the gameplay I played it the lest amount of times of any MGS I rly only liked the story and soundtrack.

• I was just in the SF Chinese New Year’s Parade. I’m exhausted.

• Would the world explode if every nuke on Earth explodes at the same time?

This discussion has been closed.