User Avatar Image

TTG really messed up the Kenny/Lee dynamic

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

It's really frustrating and unrealistic that Kenny would dislike Lee all the way until the end just because you didn't help him bash Larry's skull in. I've helped his family more than he has, yet he's hesitant to help me find Clem.

Why would TTG focus so much on one decision? How about giving some realistic responses for once. I'd love to tell Kenny about how i fed Duck, kept Larry from kicking his boy out. Put his son out of his misery when he was too weak to do it. Saved his ass from zombies when he's abandoned me twice. I mean, How much more could one man do? Give us a chance to tell Kenny off before Lees departure.

127 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like how they made Kenny the character he is, i dont think he's not realistic, he's a sellfish bastard, however my only complaint is that i dont have an option of a manly response to him!!

I thought i found one when you are offered the F**K Off response in episode 4 but then you end up being talked down to again!!

It's frustrating cause i wanna tell him about all the times i helped him AND ABOUT ALL THE TIMES THAT ASSHOLE LEFT ME FOR DEAD!!!!!!

i forgave him all of those, EVERY TIME!! And he chickens out not wanting to go after Clem!!

I hate him as a person but as a character he's great to get your emotions kick in (regardless of how negative they are)!!

BUT PLEASE LET US HAVE THE OPTION TO REALLY TEACH HIM A LESSON!!

ASSHOLE!!!

• @Marrin said: I like how they made Kenny the character he is, i dont think he's not realistic, he's a sellfish bastard, however my only complaint is that i dont have an option of a manly response to him!!

I thought i found one when you are offered the F**K Off response in episode 4 but then you end up being talked down to again!!

It's frustrating cause i wanna tell him about all the times i helped him AND ABOUT ALL THE TIMES THAT ASSHOLE LEFT ME FOR DEAD!!!!!!

i forgave him all of those, EVERY TIME!! And he chickens out not wanting to go after Clem!!

I hate him as a person but as a character he's great to get your emotions kick in (regardless of how negative they are)!!

BUT PLEASE LET US HAVE THE OPTION TO REALLY TEACH HIM A LESSON!!

ASSHOLE!!!

668925_20120719_embed015.jpg

What have you done for him , lately?

• Considering he leaves you from dead... you were probably quite the asshole to him. My Kenny was pretty much nothing but loyal and a great friend. You can't stop spats or arguments, but he always had my back. How he treats you is a reflection of how you treated him. You may not see it that way, but he does, and I do too after thinking about it. Like trying to save Larry after all he did put his family and your's in danger. Maybe he could have survived, but you didn't have the time, and he would be one hell of a zombie. Shooting that girl would risk your life and Kenny's, and the girl would die anyway. If you try to reason with Larry or agree that Duck was bitten, obviously Kenny won't like you too much. And he'll still save your butt in Macon and gave you the ride to Macon in the first place. I can't defend Kenny completely, there are times he can be a dick, but he knows that, and inevitably makes up for it. And if you talk to him about Clem being your family he will go with you to help her.

• @vivec said: 668925_20120719_embed015.jpg

lol. He was only joking with Molly, if you couldn't hear his sarcastic tone. And I couldn't blame him for not trusting her, considering you had just met her, and would have killed you and Kenny(if you are slow) if Clem hadn't shown up. And then would have left you behind. She also indirectly got Chuck killed. Just sayin.

• @vivec said: 668925_20120719_embed015.jpg

that line reminded me of the what have the Romans ever done for us part in life of Brian http://youtu.be/ExWfh6sGyso

• @thestalkinghead said: that line reminded me of the what have the Romans ever done for us part in life of Brian http://youtu.be/ExWfh6sGyso

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uizdKZAGE

• @vivec said: Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uizdKZAGE

lol i like how this wasn't supposed to be hilarious at the time it was made

• @thestalkinghead said: that line reminded me of the what have the Romans ever done for us part in life of Brian http://youtu.be/ExWfh6sGyso

Aqueduct? Molly helped Lee get into the aqueduct. :p

• @jakomocha said: That's what I did... and I regret it. I feel bad, and I never wanted Ben to die (which is why I saved him). I just wanted Kenny to stop being such a jerk to me so I hoped this would win him over even though it didn't. Including, I had a gut feeling we would never make it to the boat so it wouldn't really matter. We have to remember that Ben is still a kid and I think the reason most people didn't like him was because he sort of came in out of the blue and then screwed the group up. However what most of you guys don't realize is that if Ben didn't give the food to the bandits then the bandits would have straight out attacked the group, seeing what they did the moment they didn't find the food because Lee took it away.

Actually, people tend to forget that the bandits were attacking the group beforehand and never really got anywhere. Look at the wall and gate of the motor inn at the start of Episode 3, the wall's riddled with arrows and bullet holes. The bandits had been attacking for weeks and didn't breach the place.

Ben's deal just created a false sense of security when the bandits stopped attacking for a few days, as evidenced by the fact he was the guy on the watch when their attack succeeded (when that was primarily Lilly or Carley's duty, if the latter was alive). Hell, had Carley been on watch, I'm not even sure the bandits would've made it through the gate - she was able to spot the St. Johns approaching from ground level through the wall, Ben either failed to spot an entire group of people approaching from an elevated position or just let them approach.

• @Rommel49 said: Ben either failed to spot an entire group of people approaching from an elevated position or just let them approach.

Totally. It actually makes me wonder what Ben didn't tell Lee when he admitted his guilt. The fact he didn't raise an alarm when bandits were climbing up the walls makes me suspicious Ben's deal went beyond just giving supplies. :mad:

Add Comment