User Avatar Image

TT's King's Quest: R.I.P. (aka Really Improbable Project)

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 5.8K users

I've heard that they have problems with the Activision's rights. Any TT official news or reference about the game (aside this forum thread) was deleted. They had a placeholder website similar to the Fable one, and it's not available anymore.
The last statement about it was "The genre doesn't need us anymore".
No official comments on the forum aside Mods, the last one being one year old.

So.....
Telltale's King's Quest R.I.P.?
:(

279 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Haha we both went in different directions with that metaphor...

Also, here's a fair observation. You're coming in here and asking these questions to KQ fans and trying to hold conversations....and we're the only ones here to reply, it seems. If there were more people who agreed with either of us they'd be here sharing their opinions too. I think the whole point on resurrecting King's Quest is moot based on that alone. If we were to "leave you" here to discuss things without "bugging" you, you'd be here all by yourselves. This forum would be dead. Which means that it is dead, because this isn't worthwhile conversation anyway.

Bottom line, you're stuck with us as we're the only ones who care one way or the other to post. At least we care. That's why we're here.

And yet, besides, I'll be gone once the new website/boards hit anyway.

• You probably scared other people away, that might be interested in the Telltale revival...

I do notice that people tend to start bashing any newbies that join to discuss what they like about KQ, and would like to see in the 'new game'... or simply people who might have a casual interest and want to know what the new "telltale game" is about.

Seriously some of you have turned this forum and King's Quest in general into a 'good ol boys' club, and only a few can muster merit to be be allowed into its hallowed halls. If they don't give up at first sight, and try to enter, they get trounced upon until they leave or become someone's whipping boy.

• @MusicallyInspired said:
    Bottom line, you're stuck with us as we're the only ones who care one way or the other to post. At least we care. That's why we're here.

And yet, besides, I'll be gone once the new website/boards hit anyway.

Your only care here seems to be expressing hope that another KQ game is never made, and trying to dissuade anyone else who wants one, and telling them why they're wrong to want one.

Don't you guys have the forums of those promising new franchises and games to haunt instead? Wouldn't it be a more productive use of your time to hang around those places rather than a forum about a series you're "over"?

Why not leave the optimistic KQ fans and those who want a new KQ game to themselves, even if it means that this forum would be dead?

• Their worst nightmare is that Telltale makes a successful game, and it draws in a new generation and type of KQ fans. But those fans are fans of something different than old games... It is those new fans that control the direction of KQ for generations to come...

Kinda like old Star Trek vs. New Star Trek... Stodgy purists tend to hate the new Trek since it gave up much of what old Star Trek was like, and turned it on its head... It's eye candy, action star warsy now, simplified stories...

• BAHahahahahhahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahaha!

This thread. Anakin, you kill me.

• Exactly, would you really want that? Depends on how good it is, I suppose. I may even be behind it if it's good enough. But again, it's just not my focus or my one single hope. And that's all I'm trying to personally do here. Just trying to help you not get your hopes up. But if that's what you want go nuts. I'm just interested in conversation and the debate really. I like talking about it because the philosophies and concepts behind the whole ordeal are stimulating, at least to me. They make you realize things you never thought of before. You have a point of view and so do I. I'm just trying to share mine and you yours. Honestly, I apologize if I sound overbearing, but then don't pretend that you don't either. You're just as passionate about your point of view as I am mine. The only one here who probably isn't is Baggins who is maddeningly neutral about everything despite the size of his endless posts here about Sierra trivia lol.

Anyway, I think the real reason there is nobody here is because there has been no news to talk about. If there were people would be here talking about it. Telltale fans love them some juicy tidbits about the next game from their favourite developer!

• Scare away anyone? I think no news for two years did that. There has been nary a whisper for almost two years. We did not do that. You sycophants hanging on to not even a thread is more scary.

Bt

• 2 years since game announcement and about 9 months since the last announcement that they had just started working on the game.

Nothing tangible since then.

• @BagginsKQ said: 2 years since game announcement and about 9 months since the last announcement that they had just started working on the game.

Nothing tangible since then.

When did they ever announce that it was even being worked on? You mean the announcement that Dave Grossman was thinking about putting a team together?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

This thread's run it's course, so I'm closing it (and cleaning some of the personal insults out of the topic). There's not much more to be said on either side.

That said, please act civil to each other, and keep the personal insults out of the forum. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.