User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 127.5K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Can we have class outside!? :D

• I don't really pay attention to the Academy Awards. So many movies get awards for their "art" or "originality" when such things speak nothing to whether or not a movie is actually good and especially whether or not it warrants spending 9 bucks per person just to get in the door.

• Has anyone played Metal Gear Rising? Is it worth buying?

• @Secret Fawful said: It's getting scary that my worldview is getting really close to Tony Soprano's.

If the ending is just a cut to black, like the ending to the Sopranos...we lose everything we've ever had in an instant. Our friends. Our families. Our love. Our possessions. Our knowledge. Our memories. Our beliefs.

"So after all is said and done, after all the complainin' and the cryin' and all the fuckin' bullshit... is this all there is?"

I'm looking over at the peaceful, beautiful, sleeping form of the woman I love right now....Ray Charles "I Can't Stop Loving You" is playing on the TV. And all I can think about is how much I love her. How I get to spend each day loving her more and more and more each day, and she'll feel the same way about me, only to have our love for each other rewarded in the end by being ripped from each other for the rest of time. Oh god, I'm going to fucking puke.

I didn't fucking ask to be fucking born. Fuck you, life! Fuck you, world! Fuck you, humanity! This is what I get for my trouble. And you have to do this to her too?

[takes a chair into another room and proceeds to kick the shit out of it until my foot is screaming]

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! [throws chair across the room]

And that's all I can do about it^

Enjoy the moments rather than thinking about their end.

• As someone with clinical depression, I've had to deal with the same thoughts since I was 8. It's not something you can just answer to yourself about, it takes time, but what it all comes down to, is a choice. Yes, that's how I believe the end is for us as well. Don't expect a grand religious rant from me. The choice we have to make is in how we're going to deal with it. Are you done or are you going to do something with the life you have?

It took years to come to a realisation that I want to make something of it and just as long to actually believe in it. This is what we have and it could all end tomorrow, so what are you going to do? Wallow and feel sorry for yourself, or try to leave your mark, make the world a better place, or more realistically, just make life better for those you're going to leave behind. Enjoy it, Appreciate it, Endure it.

If I'm wrong about our fate, fan-fucking-tastic, if I'm right, I'm prepared to fight it out til the bitter end. That's the choice I've made. I'm going to live my life, I'm going to do my best and I'm not going quietly.

"Through nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live"

• Fawful, I think the same a lot of the time as well (but with the absence of the girlfriend bit). I just put my hands over my ears and shout "Lalalalalalalalalalala!" until I can think about other things. Yeah, it's not a perfect system, but it seems to work well enough.

• Here is some concept art for the Academy Award Winners for Best Animated Feature in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

• @Rather Dashing said: Here is some concept art for the Academy Award Winners for Best Animated Feature in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Oh, please let the 2016 concept become a Grim Fandango movie, oh please oh please oh please...

• Apartment app approved! Woo!

• @Daishi:

Enjoy. Enjoy what. A bunch of moments and memories that are dead before they're out of the gate.

No, I'm not the one I'm concerned about right now. It's my family and the people I love that I'm horrified for. They're trapped, just like me. And either I go first, or I watch them drop one by one like flies, sent to the most horrifying zone imaginable. This earth is a beautiful place, and maybe God's responsible, or who knows. But this body is a hell. So you know what I'm going to do with MY time.

I'm going to make the people I care about, their last few moments, because that's what life is, one last moment after another, as happy and as peaceful and full of love as I possibly can.

That's all I really have to offer, unless I find meaning somewhere. I'm going to give them all the love that I have, and then I'm going to watch them disappear. Life is about struggling only to be rewarded with the most horrifying things you beg in tears to be spared from.

Every time my girl is afraid, my heart just melts. There's nothing I can do for her. I can't save her. So why do I even have love? Sure, it's chemicals, but it's not ALL chemicals. I dunno. I know I love her, and I want things for her I can't make.

This discussion has been closed.