User Avatar Image

How about someone like Ben as a new Protagonist?

posted by Chanut_N on - last edited - Viewed by 554 users

Ben 2.00 as a new protagonist in Season 2.

The game will force you to decide between the most moronic solutions. Which stupid way would you choose? Something like that.

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    zjs

I'd like to see a character around Ben's age, but female.

This protagonist would be world-savvy enough to survive, but not inherently looked to as leadership material. They would be old enough to be a big sister/firm friend with Clementine's character, who herself would have aged at least a few years.

• I liked the shy, awkward aspect of Ben, so I think I'd like to see this new character have to adjust to life in the ZA with a group of strangers that they might not trust, and maybe have trouble interacting with at first. Of course, getting half of them killed would just be copy paste, so have someone else murder our friends, please, Telltale?

• I actually suggested something similar in the main suggestion thread, but I pictured him more as a second to the main character. Season 2's "Kenny".
    Not necessarily that he would be cowardly initially, but the same age, in that awkward area where he was a boy by "society's" definition, but with everyone dying or dead and live people few and far between, he's forced/allowed to be a man. I think that would be an interesting storyline in and of itself.
    Most people I know had awkward teen years between 16 and 18, where they're still considered kids or even looked down on, even though they were becoming adults and trying to find their way in the world. (Which was part of the reason I kept Ben alive until the very end. He was a boy who was having to become a man, with no idea how to do it.)

I suggested that he be paired with a 30-ish woman, who would be the protagonist. (Again, I already made a big long suggestion post, if you're that interested in my idea, search through my posts lol xD).

I think that would be best for Clementine, if we go with the theory that season 2 will be leading up to the people in the field, who are the people we would have played as in season 2, meeting her.

If we have another male protagonist, Clem might feel like she's betrayed her real father and Lee if she grows to look at him as a father figure, too. Whereas if she's meeting a woman about her mom's age, she wouldn't have too hard of a time. (Just like she didn't have too hard of a time falling for Lee.)

But I'm definitely all up for having a Ben-like character in season 2, hopefully one who does stuff right. lol

• This is a little off-topic, but did anyone else feel the hatchet in the door thing was kind of a parody of how point and click adventures work? Like, if you were playing Ben in that scene, and Kenny tells you to find something to open the door, wouldn't you have taken the hatchet? Because in point and click games it seems like you always take anything that's not nailed down, Ben just didn't realize he wasn't the main character.

It'd be funny if in the next season they set-up something like that for the player where you can take something useful but inadvertently fuck up something and get blamed for it. I remember in episode three I immediately went into the RV, grabbed the pencil and triggered Lilly's escape scene. I hadn't even looked at the train yet so I thought I had just screwed us all over.

• Better one is Travis. You either take the douchey-stupid choice or the simply stupid choice. You also have no option to shut the fuck up.

• @Sutinen said: Better one is Travis. You either take the douchey-stupid choice or the simply stupid choice. You also have no option to shut the fuck up.

instead of the silent option you always have the choice to say "my dad was special forces"

• @thestalkinghead said: instead of the silent option you always have the choice to say "my dad was special forces"

Lmfao, that's good

• @zjs said: I'd like to see a character around Ben's age, but female.

This protagonist would be world-savvy enough to survive, but not inherently looked to as leadership material. They would be old enough to be a big sister/firm friend with Clementine's character, who herself would have aged at least a few years.

Maybe like Molly, but without the Parkour :D

• How about a character like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking bad? In my opinion a good replacement for Ben, especially if he will PC

• Or maybe like Ash Ketchum, where the PC gets dumber and dumber as the story progresses xD

Add Comment